Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2008, 02:30 PM

kaos's coat,, help needed,

As always,, when I enter kaos in a show,,work hard on his fitness and so on,,, just before the show he blows his coat,,now I bathed him a few days ago,,but he still looks kinda dull and horrid, he always does this,,,anyone have any tips on how to help it along or make it look a bit less dull,,,,I just know he will look fab about a week after the show hes in the ring next weekend,,
Nursey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-05-2008, 03:44 PM
I can recommend Pantene Ice Shine shampoo and conditioner. I've used this on American Cocker coats with some success. It should shine a Rottie up quite nicely.

Dawn R.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2008, 03:51 PM
I use that myself, but on my own hair!

I've tried all the shine sprays, serums etc. etc. but the best one would be the Tigi Headrush. It's in a bright pink can, you buy it from a hairdressers that sell all the Tigi, Bedhead products. It's about £12, but worth every penny for what you're looking for. A very fine mist spray, that leaves absolutely NO stickiness, heaviness, and not only that it instantly brings dull, dry, hair to an instant very high gloss, it's absolutely brilliant! It will do exactly what it says on the tin - i.e. gives an instant high shine, which is what you want I think? I use it when I can't be bothered to use the straighteners to give that high gloss, and it almost does it just as well!
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2008, 04:17 PM
thanks guys,,,its a nightmare,,,you know how when black dogs blow there coats, you get that kinda dead dull look, it almost has a red looking shade to it {the dead coat coming through the new coat,} its bloody awful looking,

just tried to take some photos but he doesnt look bad in them,,, typical,,,in the flesh he looks dowdy
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2008, 04:47 PM
Yes, I had the same thing with Cassie, and in the sunlight it looked quite ginger in places! Mind you, when you think about it, it's very light out there and perhaps you're looking at his coat in the brilliant sunshine and that's why it looks as bad as it does? On the day it might not be sunny and he'll look better! I know exactly what you mean. Try that shine spray it'll get rid of that dried out stuff and lay it down nicely too!
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2008, 04:51 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Yes, I had the same thing with Cassie, and in the sunlight it looked quite ginger in places! Mind you, when you think about it, it's very light out there and perhaps you're looking at his coat in the brilliant sunshine and that's why it looks as bad as it does? On the day it might not be sunny and he'll look better! I know exactly what you mean. Try that shine spray it'll get rid of that dried out stuff and lay it down nicely too!
lol I wish,,,its dark here {well dull as hell, we have thunder and fork lightning at the moment,,,,along with rain
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2008, 05:02 PM
I wish we did! It's stinking hot down here on the South Coast, almost 30 again, and I hate it!
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2008, 05:05 PM
the thunder seems to have passed for the moment, rains getting lighter,,,but I have a feeling there is more of the same on the way for us
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2008, 06:38 PM
Shona you need a furminator, let me at him with mine, it's really great, gets all the old hair out. Then bath him and use a conditioner and when he is dry put on a shine spray, them ones that are a bit greasy, but not too much! I used to do this to Maddy as she was the same and loose her coat before a show and it goes all patchy on a weim, looks terrible, she did it for skc the wee cow, lol.
bajaluna
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-05-2008, 11:43 PM
with the horses after we bath them we rinse with hot water and baby oil mix it puts oil back in their coat and brings back the shine,you just need a few drops of baby oil to quite alot of water
good luck at the showxxx
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >