Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ellenlouise
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-10-2006, 06:23 PM

Humping!

This evening Kia and myself were having our usual play fight with her toys. I told her to stop as normal she did andcame for a cuddle. After a cuddle she mounted my legs and started to hump me. I am correct and thinking that this is dominence? If so what should I do?
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2006, 06:52 PM
Dominance ? Who has suggested that ? None of my Alpha's have humped the other dogs to prove dominance

Dogs know humans are not dogs so do not try to dominant them, a real alpha dog rarely has to do anything as physical as humping to the others in it's pack

Is your dog young ? Humping in young dog is part of growing up & moe to do with hormones than any "dominance"issues

This article on the dominance myth is quite interesting
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-10-2006, 07:11 PM
lol-sounds like an excitable dog to me! Its fairly common for dogs to hump when they're excited during play-even bitches!

So relax!
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2006, 07:16 PM
No, not dominance, just the sort of thing a young dog will do when over excited. Don't make a big thing of it push her off and walk away, doing that just when she thought she may get a cuddle will show her the behaviour is non productive where people are concerned.