View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
TheDogLady
New Member!
Female 

29-04-2012, 06:40 PM

Misenformed scaremongering, I am outraged!

http://www.shropshirestar.com/news/2...th-microchips/

The Government’s response to the horror of children being attacked by dangerous dogs? Microchips.

They might as well offer fish and chips instead, for all the good it will do.

What possible difference will it make to a child’s chances of being savaged by a Staffie if the dog in question has been “electronically tagged”?

If microchips are the answer then it’s a ridiculous question.

Please read, and feel free to respond as i have done, to:
starfeatures@shropshirestar.co.uk

If you Google Nigel Hastilow, there are some other rather interesting articles!

x
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2012, 08:00 AM
But now you`ve given the plonker the oxygen of publicity.
Pity, really. The Shropshire Star has a very limited readership - in all senses of the word.
TheDogLady
New Member!
Female 

30-04-2012, 08:48 AM
I felt that the public, no matter how small a group are reached, have the right to respond to this article, and the best people to do that are people who know, and care about dogs, which is the only reason i shared the article on this site.
It's not about giving the guy publicity, he already has that as a local MP and columnist (not just in the SS) it's about getting publicity for the other side of the argument!
The article is already written and published, i just thought that maybe if the paper recieved some eloquent and intelligent responses from people who can give another perspective to the story, and who actually have good knowledge of these breeds, that they may publish them and give the public/people of shropshire a chance to see the other side of this debate, using this chaps spotlight to undo any damage that he may have caused!
It's very easy to read articled like this, shake your head and tut and presume that because his column only has the power to influence a small group of individuals it doesn't really matter, but surely we have a right to respond to controversial issues like this. People don't have a choice if they don't have two sides of a debate to hear, and if just a handful of people take on board what is being said, surely thats beter than them just taking this mans word as gospel!

The post wasn't meant to be a name and shame rant, that cures nothing, it was supposed to maybe inspire people to join this debate at a time when the whole subject of dogs is such a huge issue in the national media.