View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2004, 10:07 AM

Staffy beaten and left for dead- can you help?

*crossposted*

The RSPCA are appealing for anyone with information regarding the discovery of a very badly injured staffordshire bull terrier cross in the Thornley area of County Durham. The news report in today's Northern Echo today is as follows:

Beaten and left for dead on lonely country path
27/10/2004
A CROSS-BRED Staffordshire bull terrier was left for dead on a lonely country track after being horrifically beaten. The unconscious and battered dog, called Harry, was minutes away from death when he was discovered, wrapped in an old quilt, by a walker on the Thornley to Ludworth pathway, in County Durham.

The walker took Harry to the White Lion Veterinary Surgery, in South Hetton, where he underwent immediate surgery.

Kay Dixon, a nurse at the practice, last night revealed the injuries that had nearly killed him.

She said: "His leg was broken, he had two deep gashes in the groin area and he had severe head injuries."

Because Harry lost many of his teeth during the beating, staff have been unable to tell how old he is.

Ms Dixon said it was believed the dog had probably suffered the broken leg and groin injuries a week earlier. With the injuries left unattended it is believed someone had tried to "finish him off '' by hitting him over the head.

The incident was reported to the RSPCA and yesterday, Inspector Ian Jackson said the charity was hoping it could trace the dog's owners.

Anyone who can help identify Harry's owners is asked to call the RSPCA on 08705 555999.

PLEASE NOTE - the dog is not in the care of the RSPCA, he has been reported to them and they are trying to investigate, he is currently being treated as a stray and needs a new home urgently if not claimed. If anyone has any idea who could have done this please contact the number given for the RSPCA, but please don't call them offering him a home!

I don't yet know where the dog is being held but I'm sure any home offers could be referred through the newspaper.

Link to web site article is at: http://www.thisisthenortheast.co.uk/...ws/271004.html NB: no pictures in the article

Northern Echo details: http://www.mediauk.com/newspapers/21138
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2004, 10:16 AM
that is disgusting
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2004, 10:25 AM
hope this s**t head meets the same fate from others
Whiz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-10-2004, 10:26 AM
OMG poor dog, wish i could just have a minute with them in a room on my own
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-10-2004, 10:26 AM
poor dog :smt010

I hope the people responsible for this are caught
candie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2004, 10:27 AM
how can anyone do this to a poor innocent animal!!
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2004, 10:42 AM
Fecking *&*stards I cant even speak I am seething right now, this site is too polite for what I feel and have to say so I will just leave it at this and let you kow I have crossposted this.

Laura
stonedagen
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-10-2004, 10:42 AM
That poor little dog, how could anyone do or even dream of doing such a thing. I hope they catch the ******ds that did this
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-10-2004, 11:07 AM
:smt022 :smt022 :smt022 :smt022 ...it makes me want to throw up :smt022
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2004, 11:11 AM

What compleate a**holes!

Poor poor dog, get well soon!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >