Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Teresa4
New Member!
Female 

04-11-2007, 09:22 PM

Dangers Of corn on the cob

Hi

i,ve got two lovely little Jack Russells aged 7 but will always be puppies to me! they have both had major surgery for removal of corn on the cob from their intestines, within the last 2months. thank goodness for the insurance, although i haven't received the cheque yet, but i'm watchin n waitin! both times it wasn't picked up by x-rays or scans and my female lucy,got pancreatitis from it and was very ill,b4 it was discovered that it was the corn in the cob causing an intestinal obstruction. £2000, major surgery and a weeks stay at the vets later, shes home and fine. our dogs were very lucky, but i think this is an important point to note if any of your neighbours have vegetation (maybe in a compost heap) in their gardens. Has this happened to any of you out there?
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2007, 09:28 PM
Welcome to Dogsey

A friends dog had to be operated on twice for this, [ in her previous home ]
She had a lot of internal damage and the scarring from the cobs shredding her insides [ to put it bluntly ], meant her diet had to be carefully monitored and managed to avoid blockages but aside from that, [ after my friend adopted her ], she was able to lead a normal bouncy life until she was lost to, [ completely unrelated ], cancer at the age of about 17 years old.
Teresa4
New Member!
Female 

04-11-2007, 09:33 PM
glad yr friends dog was okay and hope mine live as long. fingers crossed they don't find anymore tho1