Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kakaios5
New Member!
Female 

11-08-2008, 06:00 PM

Akita Breeder

Aloha from Moloka'i!

I am new to this site and tick problems brought me here. I have been in search of holistic tick treatment and have tried these remedies to no avail. I have put ticks directly in garlic juice, neem oil, flea and tick shampoo and they just swim around like an outing at the pool. Alchohol seems to works for adult ticks but not the microscopic ones(strange)but you can't bath your dog in alchohol. I have been researching holistic options and am still researching for my tick problem. I have used frontline and I notice the ill effects it has on my pets for 24-48hrs after applying so it is not a safe product and really do not want to use it anymore. Would really like some proven advise on ticks. I came across a post in regards to Human grade Diatomaceous earth a great product for internal parasites, keeping the smell and flys away from feces, and fleas but no such luck with ticks. Your advise is appreciated. Thank you! Paula
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2008, 06:57 PM
Sorry Paula I don't have any advice, but I am sure someone will soon.
In the meantime;

Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2008, 10:18 PM
Hi & Welcome to Dogsey

I have just looked on the net and there appears to be several sites with information. Good luck.

I have no experience of treating ticks myself, hopefully someone that has will post.