Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2011, 07:40 PM

Lost my iphone

Am so sad!
I dropped my iPhone today and even after retracing my steps within minutes and calling and texting my phone again within 10 minutes no one responded. Am so annoyed as my whole life is on it etc, alll my numbers are now lost as didn't have my sim backed up.

I now have to buy a new phone as I am not on contract as it was mŷ dads old phone.

So anyone selling an iPhone 3 16gb

And am disturbed by the dishonest society we live in as someone picked up that phone and looked at mŷ kids photos etc and just ignored my calls !!
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2011, 07:44 PM
Don't give up hope, I dropped my (el cheapo phono) a couple of years ago and thought it was lost but a neighbour had picked it up.

The reason for the delay in me finding out was because she was marginally less ept(is that a word) than me and had to get her daughter to let me know they had my phone!

Fingers crossed
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2011, 07:45 PM
i feel your pain

i had my blackberry stolen by kids on sat night!! 1000 photos of my dogs and ALL my telephone numbers lost
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2011, 07:56 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
i feel your pain

i had my blackberry stolen by kids on sat night!! 1000 photos of my dogs and ALL my telephone numbers lost
Oh NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2011, 08:00 PM
There are some really nasty people about. I found a phone some time ago while walking the dogs. I just looked through the contacts and rang "home." Owner most delighted!
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2011, 08:22 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
There are some really nasty people about. I found a phone some time ago while walking the dogs. I just looked through the contacts and rang "home." Owner most delighted!
Thatsbexactly what I would do too,the phone had no pin protect so would have been easy to do but I texted saying that I was owner to please call me and they didn't!!!

People are horrid
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2011, 08:44 PM
Im so sorry to hear that. I know how I felt when my Nokia fell into the bath full of water and I lost everything. Now when I take photos I transfer them immediately to photobucket. Ive taken to keeping paper copies too in a small diary after what happened. I would be devastated if i lost my iPhone

My brother is waiting for the new iPhone 5 to come out and then he will no doubt part with his iPhone 3 but i dont know when that will be and he will probably wait to see if there are any problems with the new version settle before he buys.

Did you check with your local police station just in case someone handed it in?

Hugs
Pilgrim
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2011, 02:55 PM
I lost my iphone4 once in a Tesco carpark. A lovely Lady found it, looked through the numbers and found 'Mummy', which is my Mother, rang her who then rang me on Ryans phone and told me. I then rang the Lady who drove back to Tesco's and gave me back my phone!

I was totally delighted and had my faith in human beings restored When ever I tell that story everyone says they would have kept the phone!!

Oh and I always double check I keep my phone in a safe place now when I am out!!
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2011, 03:48 PM
Is it still missing?
Murv
Dogsey Junior
Male 

02-06-2011, 08:42 AM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
Am so sad!
I dropped my iPhone today and even after retracing my steps within minutes and calling and texting my phone again within 10 minutes no one responded. Am so annoyed as my whole life is on it etc, alll my numbers are now lost as didn't have my sim backed up.

I now have to buy a new phone as I am not on contract as it was mŷ dads old phone.

So anyone selling an iPhone 3 16gb

And am disturbed by the dishonest society we live in as someone picked up that phone and looked at mŷ kids photos etc and just ignored my calls !!
Can it not be tracked through it's GPS like the htc phone's can? apologies if not, it's been a few Years since I had one but I seem to remember hearing something about that functionality?

EDIT: Seems like you need the app preinstalled to be able to do it http://www.apple.com/mobileme/featur...my-iphone.html
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >