Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2009, 11:22 PM

New Additions - Pygmy Hedgehog and Parrot

Hi There,

Well, i had two new additions last night, one wasnt entirely planned...

Firstly, Sidney the hedgehog. Been wanting one of these for ages but they are pretty hard to get hold of. Sidney is very sweet though, not the colour i really wanted but as a pet it doesnt make too much difference Hes doing well, getting used to being handled but does stick his quills up still! He just needs time to settle.

He is 7 weeks old, registered etc

And this is Lola. I wasnt entirely planning another parrot, CJ lost his companion a little while ago and i was thinking of getting him another lady to live with, so maybe its fate, who knows. Anyway, she was advertised on a forum, owner wanted her gone asap cos they were decorating the house So i made them an offer and they accepted on the condition that i got her out of their house quickly. I managed to sweet talk the courier who was bringing Sidney down to me to make a slight detour for Lola

Anyway, she is here. She is not what was advertised (shes a different mutation) but that doesnt matter. I wasnt sure if i was going to keep her, my plan was just to get her out of that home and try to track down the breeder to give them first refusal (have done and he couldnt care less) and then maybe look for a GOOD permenant home via the parrot forum i use... But, as i expected, i've already got attached to her, and so has CJ They met for 10 mins tonight and the pictures below tell it all!!! And since buying her i have found out that at 4 months old i am already Lola's 4th home Poor baby.... So i think she is a keeper...

Lola and CJ:

lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2009, 07:15 AM
They are both very cute I saw the pigmy hedgehogs on TV recently, much cuteness.

The birds look like they are very attached already
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2009, 07:21 AM
Originally Posted by lore View Post

The birds look like they are very attached already
Tell me about it That was quite literally in the first 5 mins they met!! I think Lola wants to stay

And yeah, apparently the hogs have had a lot of publicity recently, i dont have a TV so i have missed it all They've been REALLY popular in america for several years (a friend of mine over there has them which is how i heard about them) and i guess we're just taking a bit longer to discover them here
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2009, 08:46 AM
Congrats on the new additions. Well done for even just wanted to free Lola from that awful situation. I don't blame you for keeping her now how could you take her from CJ bless him.
Little hedgehog is so cute xx
Muddiwarx
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2009, 03:11 PM
Oh I love your new additions - especially your hoglet

I have two - Boogie and Quilla they are fabulous fun although Quilla is a pain at night - she is sooo noisy!!
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2009, 08:16 PM
aww they are fab!!

i was only reading up about hedgehogs y'day!! i'll get one one day thhey are so cute
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2009, 09:24 PM
Poor Lola 4 homes in that short space of time. CJ certainly seems smitten, it must have been love at first sight.

I have never heard of keeping hedgehogs as pets. They look like the Albino hedgehogs that you find in the Channel Isles.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-10-2009, 09:21 AM
I've never heard of hedgehogs as pets either .
Poor little Lola being pushed from pillar to post Still it looks as if she's landed on her feet this time. Is she a GCC? She's made herself well at home with CJ
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2009, 11:42 AM
Thanks for all the replies.

These little hedgehogs make lovely pets, but you wouldnt want to just go and grab one out of the garden

And Lola is just a sweetie. She is a GCC I feel so sorry for her, i contacteed her breeder for some info about her (like, when she was hatched!!) and he just couldnt care less about her, said she should have come for with that info and he doesnt keep it... When i mentioned that she was now in her 4th home he didnt even reply!! And this is one of the best known and respected breeders in the country... Disgusting..

anyway, rant over!

Here's some more pictures of them both now they have settled!

And Sidney:

Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2009, 11:47 AM
AAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW I want your little hoglet!! I didn't realise you can actually buy one as a pet!!! They are my absolute fave's, but of course, I know what Dave will say if I dared to get one He doesn't like anything kept in a cage around here, everything's gotta be free or in the wild, but I'm sure gonna work on it!!!

The parrot seems to have settled in well too, and thank God you found her and I'm so glad you're keeping her Jessica
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >