Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SmokeyRabbit
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-12-2011, 02:46 PM

Shocked at price of pantomime tickets.

we have paid for 5 tickets for our local panto next week and its cost £87 for two adults in twenties,an oap a 6.5yr old and a 2.5 yr old and we chose 2nd cheapest option raised stalls as we would'nt see in stalls if any tall people were sat infront of us.cheapest still worked out over £75.i know I only live 2hrs from london but these prices seem ridicolous to me in current financial climate.cheapest tickets £13,we bought £15.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2011, 02:50 PM
I'm no longer shocked.
I went to an amateur production of Me and My Girl a couple of weeks ago.
Hubby went mad because I paid £15 for a ticket.
Deb/Pugglepup
Almost a Veteran
Female 

11-12-2011, 03:23 PM
I wanted to get tickets for Cinderella at the Palace Theatre in Manchester - that is until I saw the price!!! 40 quid upwards!!

Will have to give it a miss this year
SmokeyRabbit
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-12-2011, 09:01 PM
Originally Posted by Deb/Pugglepup View Post
I wanted to get tickets for Cinderella at the Palace Theatre in Manchester - that is until I saw the price!!! 40 quid upwards!!

Will have to give it a miss this year
Ours is £13 UPWARDS £2 off for Children and Senior Citizens,Starring sid owen from Eastenders.

Robin hood starts at £10.50 in Eastbourne with John Altman,(Eastenders Nasty Nick)
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2011, 09:38 PM
Well, 3 of us have paid £27.50 each per ticket (excluding booking fee) for Rubinson Crusoe and the Carribean Pirates at the SECC in Glasgow on Christmas Eve and we cannot wait! Less than a fortnight now!

John Barrowman is in it which is the main reason we are going! We all love JB!

The Krankies are in it as well. I was never a big fan of them, however, last year they were fantastic along with JB. We were almost crying with laughter!

We had a fantastic time last year and I'm sure we will this year again.

We always go to a Panto in Glasgow every year and for the past two years it has been at the SECC (because of JB!), the most expensive one, the others are around £20, I think, at the Pavilion and the Kings, plus there are other too.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2011, 06:47 AM
Last year I paid over £20 each for two tickets to Peter Pan at the New Wimbledon Theatre - which was completely awful.......

Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

12-12-2011, 12:20 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Last year I paid over £20 each for two tickets to Peter Pan at the New Wimbledon Theatre - which was completely awful.......
Yes I remember that episode very well Vicki as I was so sympathetic IIRC the script was banal and totaly unfunny, the cast were uneducated and unconvincing, and the production was amateur and degrading. (Well that's how I remember what you said at the time 'tho not exactly in those words )

But I think you did complain and received some tickets for another show which IIRC you did go to and did like.

Have I got all that correct

In a sense I suppose we are lucky here, there are NO Christmas pantos or anything similar so we save a fortune, and (Sorry to say this) but 2012 is going to be a tough year for everybody so we're not too bothered about going out.
SmokeyRabbit
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-12-2011, 03:01 PM
Tickets arrived this morning in post it cost £89 so more expensive than I thought.pity under 5s still cost over a tenner a ticket if she gets bored and starts crying theres a chance we will all get asked to leave so lets hope not,if push comes to shoove my dad can have spare concession ticket as over 60 but his not really into xmas and lil one can stay with her dad if his not working.