Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dobermonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-07-2008, 01:24 PM

Numbers in class?

Hi

Off to Nat Working & Pastoral on sat (gulp..) wondered if there was anyway i could find out haw many dogs are entered in the classes?

We are in the 4th class (if they run in order they are numbered in the schedule!)

Judging starts at 9.30 and the AA route finder says my journey is approx 2 hours, just trying to decide what time to leave to get there! (thought if i could find out how many are in each class i could get a very rough idea of when my class should start)

Is the traffic really bad round Malvern on show days as a rule?
KateM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-07-2008, 01:35 PM
there isn't anyway to find out how many is in each class till you turn up on the day.

Classes have to be run on the order they are in the judges book, which as the printers do the schedules, catalogue and judges books are, baring printer errors, usually the same.

If judging starts at 9.30 i tend to aim with mine to be there at least an hour before it starts to give me time to get set up - this applies even if i am showing a bitch (ok, that said, neither of my breeds are that numerically strong)

Three Co's show ground isn't in malvern itself, it's someway out of town and traffic isn't usually that bad at all.

good luck!
Dobermonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-07-2008, 01:41 PM
Thanks for letting me know

My boys head is gonna drop off with excitement! I anticipate not hearing a peep out of him on the way home

not looking forward to the early start! But it will be a good adventure just me and my boy!
AiredaleKate
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-07-2008, 08:09 AM
Hi Dobermonkey,

On the Higham Press website it shows 156 Dobermans entered in total if that's any help.

As KateM says, I too would aim to be there about 8.30 so you can find your bench, get a catalogue and a cuppa and relax yourself anfd your boy.

Good luck!
Dobermonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-07-2008, 01:53 PM
Thanks AK!

I am aiming to leave home at 6am so 'should' make it for 8.30. I did see that number on Higham, makes about an average of about 10 per class. Im really excited but nervous too!! I will try and find a really nice walk for us to go on afterwards, its a shame to go all that way and not make the most of it, I hear the Malvern hills are stunning.

His new posh show lead arrived last night, the chain looks quite thin but the lady assured me its dobe proof. He hates it! He never wears a full check chain but pulls like a train on his half check so I went for the full one. Its only for a short period of time so im sure i will be forgiven Its gold with a black rolled leather lead section.

Got my little stool come rucksack the other night so will pack that with all his paraphanalia and get a cool box for his post class snack!

Now, what do I wear? Hes B&T so should i wear beige trousers? or maybe dark brown. Hes a bit of a leaner so need him to stand out from my legs
AiredaleKate
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-07-2008, 01:57 PM
I too have a black and tan dog. I have been wearing beige or blue trousers, green would look good too I should think and if you can get away with it, I bet Red would look great (I have auburn hair so can't really wear red!).

Good luck, and let us know how you get on! I am new to all this too, but have done a few shows now and it is great fun.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2008, 04:19 PM
That's really good advice, but I'm really terrible for getting there just in time. At Border Union I arrived when Puppy Bitch was starting (we were in Novice!) with about 30 minutes to spare and at South Wales I also arrived as Puppy Bitch was starting, but had about 45 minutes before we went in the ring.
mcgregorkh
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-07-2008, 06:21 AM
Hi Dobermonkey, dobes are starting at 9.30, I will be there from about 8.30-9.00 (you have my bench numbers). Bear in mind that at the moment there are only 2 or 3 dogs in MP and about the same in Puppy. In junior there has been about 5 or 6 I think so you could be in quite early.

I would aim to get there for around 8.00 to 8.30, sometimes there has been a queue at Malvern. If you want my mobile number just PM me and we can meet up beforehand but you should be okay.

Catch you there.

Any light color is good. If you top and tail your boy make sure your jacket is a light color, I use a burgandy one for open shows and didn't realise till I saw a photo that it was hiding Krystals topline.
Dobermonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

11-07-2008, 08:42 AM
CRipes Im getting mega nervous now!! the only saving grace is that its not as bad as Dressage as I don't have a test to remember!!

I am planning to wear smart beige trousers and a sky blue smart shirt.

We will leave at 6am i think, route finder says 2hrs so that should be ok?

Do you know how many entries there are for YD?

Should i trim the little tufty bits at the back of his thighs?

Will pm you McG!
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2008, 11:31 PM
I would wear. Brolley. Waterproof top and trousers and wellies
Got a horrible feeling that we're going to be in the wet weather rings tomorrow but fingers crossed.
Best of luck to you. Will try and get up there if it ever stops raining.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >