Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2010, 05:05 PM

Ben just had his final Physio appt :-)

Bens physio has just been and she is so pleased with Bens progress that she has said she doesn't need to see him again. He has built up muscle in his back and his legs and he is no longer as ataxic (swingy legged!) as he was. His back is much straighter, he is more confident , he can jump and run and his flexibility has dramatically increased

She even said that if she came into the house now she would not know what had happened. We can stay in touch with her via email and she actually asked for us to send her the occasional pic of him.

We will still keep up with some of the exercises she gave us and she suggested we do this for the rest of his life but thats fine by us.

I am so happy as although we see a change in Ben from when she 1st saw him its good to hear those things from a professional, just aswell I am off tomorrow as think a wee glass of wine to celebrate may just be in order

Just so happy
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2010, 05:09 PM
That is such fantastic news

I have certainly noticed in the more recent photos/videos of Ben that his back was much straighter and that he seemed to have far more co-ordination in his legs.

Once again I'd say the success is largely down to the love and dedication of you and your OH
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2010, 05:10 PM
How fantastic is that? Just brilliant news. I totally agree with Hali and this is totally thanks to your dedication, love and care. Well done and congratulations. x
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2010, 05:13 PM
Aw thanks guys but the real star is Ben, he did all the hard work and his spirit shone through all of this and I know me and OH would have been pieces without the love and support of so many people on here so thanks to you all too x
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2010, 05:40 PM
Absolutely brilliant news! So pleased for you all.

I honestly don't think many dogs would recover so quickly, but having met Ben I can see why he would.

Give him a big cuddle form me and a lick from Woody (you don't actually have to do that though, that would be gross ;o)
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2010, 06:18 PM
Im so so pleased for you all, awe my wee spuds such a super star...

yay ben xxx
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2010, 06:36 PM
That's Fantastic news I am so pleased for you and Ben x
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2010, 06:57 PM
so delighted for you Lynne, honestly its so amazing what he has been through and that you all got through it !!!
well done ben and his whole family for all the effort !!!
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2010, 07:38 PM
Way to go Ben, am sooooo pleased for you all

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2010, 07:44 PM
Wow that's fab news! You must be so pleased and relieved at the same time.

He's come such a long way and is such a cracking lad, you must be very proud of him and also yourself for helping him through it all.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >