Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2010, 09:03 AM

Ask and Have

We have never done this with our kids,when they ask for something and then expect to have it the very same day.

So Liz walks in the house this morning after doing her papers, and said,I know your going to say No but can I have £12 please
I ask what for and she wants a DVD,I tell her sorry No,because if I give you £12 then I have to give Tom £12 so it's not £12 but £24.

Then we get the attitude,I remind her that I gave her pocket money yesterday and she also had her paper money,but apparently she spent that on stuff she needed

So then she must think if she irritates me enough I will give in
So then she starts to mess about with Meg who was in her basket in the front,I asked her several times to leave Meg alone,she wouldn't.
So I removed Meg from the front and crated her for 30 mins while I prepared the veg and put my washing away.
I was thinking to myself while putting the washing away she is trying to push my buttons,but rather than get into an argument I will ignore her.

I am hoping she will finally give up realising she won't get anywhere,I know some of her friends ask and have and I don't believe that is the correct way to raise children,because they don't realise the value of things,but everyone has different ideas and expectations.

I know teens can be difficult but I reckon they should come with a health warning and set of instructions

Luke had his moments but he was a piece of cake to deal with,Tom has his strops and can be difficult at times but again he is pretty easy to sort out but Liz is worse than both boys put together at times!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-04-2010, 09:12 AM
(((Hugs))) Sal.

I never had girls so can't comment on whether I would of had problems or not. The boys could have their moments but both my brothers had girls and some of the stories I heard I always said give me boys anytime.
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2010, 09:16 AM
can't agree more! I have 1 girl & 2 boys, & the 1 girl has given me more grief than the 2 boys put together. Although I inherited 2 step daughters along they, they are just as difficult
I love " I know your going to say no but can I have....." My response is "don't ask then!"
My worst one is "can I borrow a couple of pound?"
Yes it's only a couple of pound - but every day it adds up & why ask if you can "borrow" when you have no intentions on paying it back!!