Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-07-2008, 08:38 AM

A poorly Jake and a disapearing dog.

Last night when my sister came home all the dogs were their normal mental selves to meet her, how ever during this Skye landed on Jake which caused a yelp and then a limp. After about ten minutes he was walking on it and no longer lifting his paw. That leads us on to today.

With Jakes limp last night I checked to see how he was before decideding where to take them today. He seemed a little stiff but nothing major so I thought I would take them to an old part of the golf course overlooking the woods, 1 its not far and 2 its soft ground for Jake. While there I could hear loads of stones being Kicked up and a dog barking and barking, my three shot off to a ledge over looking the path a long way below(jake also wh was now showing no signs of limping) I went over looked down and could see nothing or no one so me and the dogs began to walk home then all of a sudden...

A yellow lab just appeared, he was wet from head to toe walked up said hello to mine and then turned tail and was off again. There was no owner nearby and I could not hear one calling. It does make me wonder if its the dog we heard barking as it may have seen mine looking down. With him being wet there is a river at the bottom of the ledge/slope which he would have had to go through to climb up, no mean feat either as its quite steep.

After his mental run what was ment to be a gental walk Jake is limping again, will give him a couple of hours before ringing the vets.