Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
BrendaMarie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-05-2010, 08:43 AM

My 5 year old dog just lost 2 teeth...

I have a 5 year old BC x and she lost 2 of her front teeth today. I don't know how, when, or why.... we just went to the vet for her yearly check up last week and the vet says her teeth look good, healthy gums, little to no plaque... I've never had an issue with her teeth, every time we go to a vet, we've been to 3 or 4 because of moving around (i keep all of her vet records with me), they always say how good her teeth are. Could she have lost them rough playing with our new dog, or other wise playing in the yard? her gum's are not bleeding, it's like they just cleanly popped off... I'm going to try and call the vet tomorrow and ask, if not I'll have to call Monday.

Thanks!
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2010, 02:33 PM
I came home one day to find my GSD had lost most of a front tooth... I strongly suspect someone tried to break in and she got a kick in the mouth when chasing them off. Could your dog may have slammed into something?
I`d check with your vet - they may need to remove the roots.
Alf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-05-2010, 10:06 PM
My dog dislodged one of his molars while pulling on a tree root!!!!
I would imagine that front teeth are easier to pull out
BrendaMarie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-05-2010, 02:25 AM
Yeah I'm thinking that my Husky might have head butted her accidentally while playing lol... it doesn't look as though there's any thing left but i will check with the vet to be sure, office call's are free unless they have to do something
spaznchevy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-05-2010, 07:30 AM
I wouldnt worry to much about it. My min pin Spazie she lost 2 of her front teeth when she was about 4 1/2 because it was snowing and icy outside and she was runnin full speed and ran into the side of the house (bless her heart) because she slipped on some ice