Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2009, 08:13 PM

mil's not 'right'..

when your dog 'isnt right'.. dont you?

was training tonight (Agility), and she did a fabulous clear round - i was so proud!!! then she started going really 'flat', no really trying etc... so i thought she was being a stuborn cow (like she does sometimes) ... but then i just ran her up and down on lead and she wasnt 'lame' just wasnt right

shes not lame and didnt squeal/flinch when i touched her legs (back)!...but she has that springer waddle and this is the same sort of issue we had 18 months or so ago when she was lame but it wasnt obvious at first and then i ended up having her hips x rayed (and costing £300 lol but id spend my last penny on my dogs).....

so seeing how she is tomorow and walk her on lead... but if shes not lame then run her in the afternoon see how it goes

just to add now - while i was typing this - she got up quite stiff (she'd been lying on the sofa lol), not lame but quite stiff..!

shes not fell, slipped or bumped anything tonight or today - not landed funny or twisted or yelped....

i dont want this being a repeat of 18 months ago when i had a not quite lame but not quite sound dog for 2 weeks.....

sorry - just needed a vent as im not really sure what to think/do!!!

*sigh*
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2009, 09:10 PM
Hope Mil's feeling better now?

If not, I'd take her to see the vet tomorrow, just to be on the safe side and put your mind at rest.

*Hugs*
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2009, 09:32 PM
well shes now rested more and shes definately lame - not majorly - still weight bearing etc...

out goes the show sat !! (sorry that sounds selfish lol! but i really wanted to take her!!)

if shes 'ok' and not jumping fit im taking her to be measured... and logged (didnt realised you had to do that lol)!

im just more guttted for her - poor baby

shes not yelped or in obvious pain as her tail is still wagging but shes definately not right....
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2009, 09:50 PM
Oh poor Mil, maybe she has strained a muscle or something Suze. Perhaps a few days rest and just small walks will help her to improve. I hope so.
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2009, 10:11 PM
Originally Posted by Heather and Zak View Post
Oh poor Mil, maybe she has strained a muscle or something Suze. Perhaps a few days rest and just small walks will help her to improve. I hope so.
so do i

i feel really rubbish

i hope when she went 'flat' jumping i didnt push her on and she was trying to tell me!!!

last week she went flat again but she awas just being a cow... so i thought she was doing the same

obv not now we got home - shes rested and got up!!

shes in tomorow tahts for sure

then thurs see how she goes but comps out

might go watch anyhow