Our sister sites
Our sister sites
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2006, 06:44 PM

My Little Girl, China

Once upon a time there was a couple called alex and rick

They had been together a year and a half when they moved in together. Both had been brought up with dogs and alex missed the smell of dog kibble breath and having to brush her clothes every morning to remove dog hairs.

The suggestion was made by her fabulous OH to get a dog, this scared alex as she thought "whoa - big commitment getting a dog!" but was secretly very excited!

So down to the RSPCA they both went and looked around, Alex wanted a collie type dog and Rick was desparate for a choc lab or springer....Alex really wanted a bitch as she just didnt think she could avoid stroking a dog's belly and catching its boys bits!

So Strolling round on the November afternoon, Alex spotted Tiny, a stunning black and white collie, so timid but with a bit of affection would be so loving. After the homecheck was passed it was decided due to Tiny and her 8 siblings removed from a farm, a flat would not be the best place for Tiny.

2 days later back to RSPCA they did go, Alex in tears when she saw tiny in her cage, and all the other dogs desparate for homes. After seeing no dogs that would be suitable for their lifestyle they went to leave and were stopped by a women suggesting the "stray section"...

They hadnt known about this bit so in they popped.... walking down between the kennels, Rick spotted a lovely Springer bitch...too much energy for a flat she thought! as they were about to leave, in the end kennel a loving face popped up! with big brown eyes and ears back two paws propping her up against the cage, alex went to stroke her,this beautiful dog nuzzled her nose in alex's hand and licked her face and alex was smitten.

This was her!

Rick came over and looked at her details, only brought in the day before, STB - whats that breed - Staffordshire Bull Terrier?

"Oooh" alex said, "dont they fight dogs alot?"

"Dunno" was the response

"oh but look at her face!" " We have to have her"

SO they noted her kennel number and went to reception, heartbroken that they had to wait another 8 days. they were told that most likely they would get her as her owner refused to pay to have her released again (she had run away three times by now!)

Frantic research into SBT's was carried out till they completely fell in love with the breed

Wednesday 17th November 2004 at 2 pm Alex called RSPCA -

"hello is china still there?"

"Yeah, you can pick her up at 4pm"

She put the phone down and rang rick!

Arriving in reception, Alex asked for China, and waited.....all of a sudden a commotion occured in the hallway, heavy breathing, squeeking and a door flyin open behind reception, a squeeky ball torn of the shelf and a mad tan staffy came bursting through the door.

"dear god, what have we let ourselves in for" alex thought!

money was handed over and out to the car park (Alex paid for the squeeky ball).

She was put in the boot but by time alex got to the drivers door, china had climbed in the front, robbed the ball from her handbag and was happily jumping around shredding it in the backseat....

From that day on we havent regretted a single moment....china is the best thing that has ever happened to us, she is our little girl!

spot
Dogsey Veteran

19-01-2006, 06:48 PM
Fab story and pics, its great how they pick you isnt it
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2006, 06:50 PM
Thanks spot, it was the best moment of my life.....for her unwavering love and unquestionable understanding i consider myself trully blessed
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

19-01-2006, 07:04 PM
oh wow what a brill story!! Thank you for sharing it!!

I LOVE that first pic too (definately a contender for a future photo comp!)
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2006, 07:08 PM
Originally Posted by eRaze
oh wow what a brill story!! Thank you for sharing it!!

I LOVE that first pic too (definately a contender for a future photo comp!)

Thank you...that pic is my wallpaper on my works PC...will have to keep an eye out for a suitable theme....cant enter my baby for just anything you know!
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2006, 07:10 PM
wow how gorgeous shes beautiful
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2006, 07:14 PM
Thank you B/L!

she is gorgeous aint she - i know im biased!
scotbun1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2006, 07:19 PM
you get a warm feeling in your belly when you read things like this.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2006, 07:20 PM
What a super dog! story wasnt bad either, great stuff!
Dawn.
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2006, 07:24 PM
Thanks S/B and B/D....staffie sfor me fromnow on me thinks......may have to get a bigger bed mind!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >