View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-05-2010, 06:42 PM

What is your 'usual' dog walking outfit?

I was having a ponder to myself as I was walking Molly this evening & it struck me that I must look like such a 'townie' to the people I meet on my walks I tend to just wear what I wore to college/around the house that day so I usually go for walkies in leggings, a long top, a jumper and some slouchy booty things with massive fluffy socks sticking out the top (Although I had to trade the booties in in for my patrol boots this weekend, there was far too much mud!). I must look so impractical to the typical 'country' types we meet on our walks but leggings are just too comfy & it saves on the washing

What does everyone else wear on walks? Do you just wear jeans & a jumper or do you go for the full on waterproof trousers, wellies & wax jacket?
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2010, 06:48 PM
Either trackie bottoms or combat trousers and depending on the weather a t-shirt or jumper.

It depends where we are walking TBH. On a good hike like the one we went on today, I always wear my proper hiking shoes. On wet days, I have the full waterproof stuff including trousers and stick my wellies on. I'm sure I look a complete mess, but as long as my dogs get exercise I don't care lol
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2010, 06:50 PM
In good weather it's trackie bottoms, an old t-shirt and a hoodie/jumper.

In bad weather it's trackie bottoms/waterproofs, t-shirt and waterproof warm jacket.

There is no glamour to my dog walking attire at all. The only time it will be slightly jazzed up is if we go for a walk on the beach or somewhere that we are expecting to go to a pub for a meal afterwards!!

The other day I saw a couple walking down by the river with a lab and they were both wearing white trousers which was just asking for trouble really! They looked more suited for going out to dinner or to church or something!!
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2010, 06:57 PM
Depends on the weather. I do have the full waterproof gear (need it here) but don't wear it all the time (just feels like it sometimes

But I do nearly always wear my walking boots whatever the weather. The only time I don't is when its really hot and I go and play in the river with the dogs - then its either cheap trainers or something else that I can go paddling in.
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2010, 07:00 PM
Depends on the weather but usually a few layers at least - and a fleece or two, combat trousers, and 'walking' trainers - not waterproof, but very slip-proof, kind of a cross between walking boots and trainers. Don't care what I look like as long as it's practical, warm, resistant to the inevitable muddy pawprints and does the job!

Something like this... from yesterday:

Hat for sun or drizzle, as it was drizzling yesterday, the fleece kept me quite dry actually. Big rucksack full of stuff like muzzle, long-line, sarnies, water, map...

....That's worth a thread of its own - what do you carry out with you??
seaunicorn
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-05-2010, 07:10 PM
Whatever I am wearing that day, coat appropriate for weather and trainers or boots again dependant on weather. My husband laughs if I am wearing a skirt that day - I still walk in the skirt, I just change my nice shoes for suitable shoes.
I also carry a rucksack type bag, with a long lead (as my wonderful dog is a husky cross and her recall is appalling), some pooh bags, some treats, a whistle, fox pooh wipes (she likes to roll in fox pooh), hand sanitiser as I have on more than one occasion managed to smear my hand when picking up after Missy, and water for Missy if it is likely to be a long walk!!
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2010, 07:23 PM
I usually wear Skinny Jeans, My Dublin River Tall Boots and a hoody and my real tree coat for the wet/cold weather.

If it's warm, it's short short's with my Dublin's and a polo top of some sort! I look really cool!!

The only reason I have to wear my Dublins, is because I always get wet cleaning the kennels and I hate having wet feet!! I should really keep my wellies in my dog shed at the kennels and wear my trainers down for good weather!!

x
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

I'm afraid I wouldn't be seen dead in trackie bottoms let alone out dog walking No, it's black skinny jeans here, any t-shirt (although without the bling!) never a fleece (spent too many years living in those with the horse), a black gillet under a puffa jacket if it's cold, and if not one or the other on it's own. Hiking boots all winter, suede ones, and then I change to trainers (suede, not white ones!) when it's dry, which is now, coz we haven't had rain here for yonks!

I like to go out clean and respectable, but usually come back grubby, but never scruffy. I did too much of that covered in mud, hay and shavings with the horse for 20 years, so now I like to look half decent!

Oh, and definitely cut off's when it's hot, and a vest top!
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

In the hotter weather just some jeans and a t-shirt with any old trainers.
In the colder weather and when its muddy, mu muckers, jeans/joggers, tshirt and hoddy or big yard jacket
wallaroo
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-05-2010, 07:25 PM
Wellies!.......with 3/4 length trousers if its hot!
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »