Our sister sites
Our sister sites
boxer-trix
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-05-2005, 11:26 PM

Bitch in season....:(

Hi There Guys
I dont post much...mainly read to be honest but at the moment i just need to get away and put my thoughts down on paper....so to speak! My 'Little Lady' is in season at the moment. Nothing new there i here you say! HA! She had her first season 7/8 weeks ago and we were counting down the weeks untill she could be spayed. "Its 6 weeks gone" said my husband triumphantly...."Yes" i replied and we are gonna have to wait some more because she has come back into season!!!! After nearly choking on his supper he finally realised i was in NO joking mood! Well to be honest, at first i put a brave face on and thought "Come on girl...you can get through this no problem!" Well to be honest i have had to eat my words because i have never known such a little t**t in my life! Have you ever tried talking to one person face to face while holding a conversation on the phone and signing for a delivery whilst all the time you have 2 dogs running around wanting to s**g each others brains out?! I give up......gonna join a Kibbutz or some other place where i can REST IN PEACE!!!!
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-05-2005, 02:29 AM
Sounds like a split estrus:

"Split Estrus. Occasionally, a bitch will enter proestrus and fail to enter estrus or will experience a very short estrus. If the bitch is bred, conception will usually fail, however, the owner will note that within 3 to 4 weeks the bitch is demonstrating signs of entering proestrus again. Thereafter, the bitch proceeds normally through the subsequent stages of reproduction. This condition is known as Split Estrus. Split estrus occurs more commonly in young, first-estrus bitches, however, older bitches may also be affected. Split estrus usually resolves without the need for treatment. Recurrent incidences of split estrus in a bitch, however, may suggest chronic premature luteolysis (inability to maintain sufficient elevation of the serum progesterone concentration) or an underlying health disorder such as hypothyroidism."

Perhaps you will have to board out your boy so that he, and you, can get a bit of peace.
SB
Housedog
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-05-2005, 09:18 AM
It is very demanding and exhausting trying to watch a -itch in season, and trying to stop what comes naturally, you have my sympathy,