View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2009, 04:22 PM

Look who nearly pinched my i phone!!! He wasn't monkeying around.....

Today we went to monkey forest at Stoke.It is 60 acres of enclosed woodland which is home to 140 Barbary maqaques. They live in two social groups and have free roam of the woodland. Their feeding is supplemented but they forage for themselves for a good part of their diet. They have a very successful breeding programme working with their three sister sites in Europe. They have to date been responsible for releasing 600 maqaques back into the wild in Morocco.There were 5 very young babies there today.

It was amazing to be able to walk through the woods with monkeys around us. My youngest was a little nervous at first but soon got used to it.

The only hairy part was when I was getting close to a young one to take a photo and he fancied my iphone!.Here he is in mid lunge. i just managed to click the button before I retreated quickly!

honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2009, 05:09 PM
Aw he is gorgoeus! Sounds like a great place to visit...bit far away for me tho! fab pic!
DogBoy
Dogsey Junior
Male 

26-06-2009, 05:12 PM
Cheeky monkey