Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2009, 03:36 PM

Poppy's been promoted !!!!

Some of you may remember my thread about Poppy and her training yea?
We have been taking her to Delamere Tranining Centre and she's been going now for a few months.

Happy to announce that the trainer is so pleased with her she is being promoted to the next clas up
So, from next week it will be less lead and more off lead, with the obedience
I can't believe how this little one has come on.

We had such a good day today. Apart from Ben trying to get in on the act In the end I had to take him on the other field and throw ball to calm him down. He was fine then and just sat by me watching.

At the end of the class the trainer called Chris over, I thought Oh dear, but he was telling him how pleased he was with her and Chris's work. He even used Poppy in the class

So from next week we will be in the big class and more good news.... He wants Ben to have a go at agility, so he will be contacting us as soon as he starts this seasons newbies.

It's all good news, after all the upset and tears earlier in the year.

I am so proud of her and Chris for all their hard work and it just goes to show that the doubters were wrong and all the ones that supported me....the biggest thankyou to you all ( you all know who you are )

Once again thanks mates

It's onwards and upwards

Elaine xxx
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2009, 03:37 PM
Well done Elaine and Poppy, she is a clever pup
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2009, 03:40 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Well done Elaine and Poppy, she is a clever pup
Thanks Jenny,
It has been a struggle, because of Poppy's history we didn't get her until she was 4 months old, so missed out on the social side of her training, and then with all the waiting around for her vaccinations it was more like 5 months till she was actually out and about.

Elaine xxx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2009, 04:32 PM
Oh Elaine, I'm ecstatic for you!! It's a lovely feeling isn't it when it all pays off, all that frustration, pulling your hair out, all that you've been through too with that trauma outside your house etc. etc. and yes, I remember it well, those first few weeks with Poppy and your problems. You must be elated about being upgraded to the big class with Poppy, I can't wait to be doing that with Zena!

How's that lead walking going then??? I've won with mine! I did 10 minutes morning and night religeously out in the garden, plus out on our walks, and tonight, for the very first time ever, she walked right by my side ONLEAD all the way down a long, long track just now, so I'm as elated as you are, even though I've got nowhere to go with this progress, apart from show them on Tuesday how well we're doing (she won't do it then though will she!!!! ).

FAAAANTASTIC, you must be over the moon.xxxxxxx
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2009, 04:39 PM
Congrats!

I left my training before Jess was promoted as I was telling her off all the time for barking, but since I have stopped going, she has become much more obedient

So proud of you. You should give yourself a big pat on the back
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2009, 04:46 PM
Well done! Poppy is a super star! You must be very proud indeed
Skyesmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-05-2009, 05:07 PM

YAY POPPY

I knew you could do it clever girly

A very well deserved Proud Mummy moment for you Elaine

Jann
XXXXX
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2009, 06:59 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Oh Elaine, I'm ecstatic for you!! It's a lovely feeling isn't it when it all pays off, all that frustration, pulling your hair out, all that you've been through too with that trauma outside your house etc. etc. and yes, I remember it well, those first few weeks with Poppy and your problems. You must be elated about being upgraded to the big class with Poppy, I can't wait to be doing that with Zena!

How's that lead walking going then??? I've won with mine! I did 10 minutes morning and night religeously out in the garden, plus out on our walks, and tonight, for the very first time ever, she walked right by my side ONLEAD all the way down a long, long track just now, so I'm as elated as you are, even though I've got nowhere to go with this progress, apart from show them on Tuesday how well we're doing (she won't do it then though will she!!!! ).

FAAAANTASTIC, you must be over the moon.xxxxxxx
You will never know how pleased and proud I am of her Helena. well yes you do because Zena is such a good girlie too. And yes the lead training is coming along, such a good idea.
Thanks for your support hun, it means a lot to me.
Elaine xxxx
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2009, 06:59 PM
Originally Posted by jesterjenn View Post
Congrats!

I left my training before Jess was promoted as I was telling her off all the time for barking, but since I have stopped going, she has become much more obedient

So proud of you. You should give yourself a big pat on the back
Aww thanks I am that proud av got a smile from ear to ear

Elaine xxxx
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2009, 07:00 PM
Originally Posted by CheekyChihuahua View Post
Well done! Poppy is a super star! You must be very proud indeed
Thanks Frannie, I am proud as punch. We have worked so hard to get to this stage.
Elaine xx
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >