Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-02-2011, 05:21 PM

Its all testicals .

Why do other male dog owners refuse to neuter their dogs on the grounds that it equates to their own family jewels ?
I know at the time we had oz and snoop done it was the best thing to do .spesh with ozzie having sunburnt nuts during that summer ..lol
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2011, 06:08 PM
Don`t get me started! I have a friend whose Westie is uncontrollable round entire males but her OH doesn`t want him neutered so she has to keep him onlead most of the time. .
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2011, 08:11 PM
I met a lady walking a very thin Golden Retriever once near my Mum's house. I asked her if anything was wrong with the dog and she said it was because she had a bitch living nearby and every time it came into season the dog refused all food. Her husband wouldn't have it neutered however.

Some men do seem to equate it with their own personal bits I think! Not my husband though as we had Parker neutered.
Ksal
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-02-2011, 08:15 PM
When Jack was done almost every man I told seemed to take it personally! Hilarious!
Rolosmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2011, 08:24 PM
Some people have the funniest ideas, my husband was the first one to go with getting Rolo done to avoid hassle with a bitch in the house and all the ones in the park nearby.

Didnt have the same opinion when i suggested getting his cracked though!! lol
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2011, 08:27 PM
When the subject comes up in Puppy classes the men always cross their legs!!

Oddly the women seem to joke about how much better it must be for the bitches!
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2011, 08:36 PM
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
Why do other male dog owners refuse to neuter their dogs on the grounds that it equates to their own family jewels ?
I know at the time we had oz and snoop done it was the best thing to do .spesh with ozzie having sunburnt nuts during that summer ..lol

Why should I HAVE to have my males castrated ? They do not bother other people's dogs or bitches, there is no real medical reason to have the procedure done(prostate cancer is quite rare & slightly more common in castrated dogs & testicular cancer is extremely rare in dogs)

It's nothing to do with me wanting to treat them like a human(I do spay my bitches if they are not going to be bred from or after they have had their litters-pyrometra is quite common in bitches & there is no difference between bitches that haven't been bred from or those that have statistically likely to develop pyrometra & pyrometra can be a killer)

I would never neuter a dog simply to modify it's behaviour.

I get annoyed with people's dogs that bother mine & the owners telling me"Don't worry, he's been done"

Castration isn't the be all & end all of behaviour modification for male dogs. They still need training yet so many believe that that their neutered dogs don't need training, because they"can't DO anything" Er no they can & do still chase & mate bitches-they eventually become sterile that's all that can be guaranteed. An owner who has an out of control entire dog, is just as likely to have an out of control castrated dog.

I really do get seriously p*ss*d off with the holiler than thou pro casttrate all male dogs brigade's stance that only entire dogs misbehave
3dognight
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-02-2011, 08:45 PM
mans best friend.....um.....oh never mind!!!!
MichaelM
Dogsey Senior
Male 

19-02-2011, 08:45 PM
I have a neutered female (3), a neutered male (11), and an entire male (2).

I had intended to have the youngest neutered, but have decided not to - He doesn't hump, he's not aggressive, I don't want to change his behaviour in any way. I don't have a genuine reason to have him neutered.
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-02-2011, 10:51 PM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
Why should I HAVE to have my males castrated ? They do not bother other people's dogs or bitches, there is no real medical reason to have the procedure done(prostate cancer is quite rare & slightly more common in castrated dogs & testicular cancer is extremely rare in dogs)

It's nothing to do with me wanting to treat them like a human(I do spay my bitches if they are not going to be bred from or after they have had their litters-pyrometra is quite common in bitches & there is no difference between bitches that haven't been bred from or those that have statistically likely to develop pyrometra & pyrometra can be a killer)

I would never neuter a dog simply to modify it's behaviour.

I get annoyed with people's dogs that bother mine & the owners telling me"Don't worry, he's been done"

Castration isn't the be all & end all of behaviour modification for male dogs. They still need training yet so many believe that that their neutered dogs don't need training, because they"can't DO anything" Er no they can & do still chase & mate bitches-they eventually become sterile that's all that can be guaranteed. An owner who has an out of control entire dog, is just as likely to have an out of control castrated dog.

I really do get seriously p*ss*d off with the holiler than thou pro casttrate all male dogs brigade's stance that only entire dogs misbehave
over reaction some what .this thread was tongue in cheek...
It was not for or against castration by any means ..
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >