Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rosegallagher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2009, 03:09 PM

strange swelling on neck?

sisko seems to have a very odd fluid-like swelling on her neck area, when she walks you can see it move around, when i touched the swollen area to try to see what it was it is weird as feeling it is really difficult, it is just like loose skin , was wandering if its where kavik gets hold of her neck when they play & he shakes her neck a bit too, getting it checked by a vet tomorrow but its baffled me, any ideas ?this came up yesterday evening but dosen't bother her .
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-10-2009, 03:52 PM
No ideas sorry, but hope it all goes well at the vets. First Mishka now Sisko what a worry.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2009, 03:55 PM
Originally Posted by rosegallagher View Post
sisko seems to have a very odd fluid-like swelling on her neck area, when she walks you can see it move around, when i touched the swollen area to try to see what it was it is weird as feeling it is really difficult, it is just like loose skin , was wandering if its where kavik gets hold of her neck when they play & he shakes her neck a bit too, getting it checked by a vet tomorrow but its baffled me, any ideas ?this came up yesterday evening but dosen't bother her .
hi rose
sounds to me like it could be a hygroma,which is a capsule filled with fluid,large breed dogs often get them on elbows,but they can be the result of trauma.when my lobo was 14weeks he developed a golf ball sized lump on his head,i panicked(and being a vn thought it was the worst case scenario)it turned out to be a hygroma.it was from an object falling on him in the garden(which we only pieced together what had happened after)
good luck tommorow at the vets
rosegallagher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2009, 03:55 PM
I know Lynn, once 1 dog has something wrong then another starts with something.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2009, 08:43 PM
Crikey, Rose, what a worry! However, take heart from Tupacs2legs post - hopefully it's just something like that.

Pity your purse hon, it must have moths in it by now.....

x0x0x
rosegallagher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2009, 09:33 PM
Thanx tupac & vicki, mishkas op was done on her insurance so only had to pay the excess thankfully , hope sisko's isn't too expensive, yes vicki my purse is full of moths lol.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2009, 10:38 AM
whats the low- down rose?
rosegallagher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2009, 10:53 AM
not been yet huni, going @ 3,45pm
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-10-2009, 12:09 PM
Good luck for today.
rosegallagher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2009, 06:31 PM
vet took some fluid from swollen area said it didn't look as it should so put it on a slide & testing it & will let me know tomorrow what she finds when i take mishka in for a check up. she said she could feel like a long, gristly area in 1 area in her neck ? gave her some anti biotics to see if she somehow has an infection , depending on result from liquid she extracted today we may have to have her sedated & they shave her lovely furry neck in 1 small area & check it more closely @ some point. I did say i didn't want her to have an op at all unless REALLY necessary. . She was a bit tender when vet was checking her neck & growled too little devil, but i guess she was in discomfort. so should know more tomorrow fingers crossed.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >