Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kobebear
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-07-2010, 03:57 PM

Ebay

Hi All

I am wanted to sell some stuff on e-bay i am registered but dont really understand about it.

If you are selling something and someone is wanting to buy it how do you receive you money, and if you have a pay pal account which i do how to you get your money from that if someone pays into it.

Another question is say you were selling a lawnmower would you have to say to collect it.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2010, 04:06 PM
Hi there,

eBay is pretty easy. You will need a Paypal account. Buyers pay into your Paypal account, and you can then transfer the money into your bank account.

Obviously a lawnmower would have to be collected - it's pretty impossible to post....

Hope this helps...
kobebear
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-07-2010, 05:48 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Hi there,

eBay is pretty easy. You will need a Paypal account. Buyers pay into your Paypal account, and you can then transfer the money into your bank account.

Obviously a lawnmower would have to be collected - it's pretty impossible to post....

Hope this helps...
Thanks for the info i will give it a go.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2010, 06:12 PM
You can only transfer money from paypal for free if it is over £50. Once you have done a certain money amount of transactions paypal require you to verify your bank account with them. That is easily done if you foillow their instructions.

There are ways of sending larger items but it is hassle and not worth the effort IMO.

Don't go on the community boards and ask any questions----they are full of people who like to cause trouble and catch others out. Ask on here if you need to or you can mail me privately and I'll help if I can.

Good luck

rune
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2010, 08:47 PM
Personally I'd try all other avenues of selling it first - Freeads, put ads up in your local supermarkets, try selling it via any forums you're on etc., Ebay definately seems to favour buyers over sellers nowadays and if you get an awkward seller who decides to claim the item is faulty, you could find your money taken out of your Paypal account and your item still in the buyer's possession, with nothing you can do about it. Sellers can't even leave negative feedback nowadays so it goes to show that Ebay expects every buyer to be perfect and blame the sellers for any problems!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2010, 06:09 AM
I have to say I prefer Amazon.......
kobebear
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-07-2010, 07:20 AM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
You can only transfer money from paypal for free if it is over £50. Once you have done a certain money amount of transactions paypal require you to verify your bank account with them. That is easily done if you foillow their instructions.

There are ways of sending larger items but it is hassle and not worth the effort IMO.

Don't go on the community boards and ask any questions----they are full of people who like to cause trouble and catch others out. Ask on here if you need to or you can mail me privately and I'll help if I can.

Good luck

Sam
rune

Thanks for your offer of help i will most certainley need it, i will be in touch probably at the weekend if i get stuck, i need to sort of some digital pictures first and work that out.

Sam
Manyana13
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-07-2010, 07:45 AM
Hiya, another thing to bear in mind (if you do the ebay route), is to make sure the money has cleared into your paypal account before parting with the goods. I agree with Rune, don't ask for advice on their community boards!
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2010, 07:52 AM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
I have to say I prefer Amazon.......
Amazon does take a huge chunk for itself though. I have got rid of a few books on there.

rune
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2010, 07:56 AM
I ask for pictures of the fault or offer money back in return for goods back.

I find people from abroad are bad so I only send signed for air mail----I do signed for here as well if it is over a few pounds. They can't say it hasn't arrived then!

You need scales to check the postage as well and leave a bit of a margin in case they are not really accurate.

rune
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >