Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
JacekPacek
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-01-2006, 11:14 AM

degu

does anyone of you ownes a degu or can anyone tell me something about them? what do they eat? are they awake during the day or during the night?
how long do they live? do they like cuddles?
any info is appreciated thanx
Bodhi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2006, 11:26 AM
Hi

have you seen this website?

[mod edit:url removed:no links to sites with forums]

or

http://www.degus.org/

Not sure, if I'm allowed to post links, but if not, they can be deleted...
JacekPacek
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-01-2006, 04:39 PM
thank you Bodhi very informative did take a look and i like them every second more and more
BarkingMad
Dogsey Junior
Male 

26-01-2006, 05:58 PM
Hello, i work with animals and one of them being is "Degus!" which are my favourite little rodents next too Gerbils . The Degu is a very sociable animal so it is best to keep at least two animals as a single animal will not be very happy and may not live as long. I have also seen reports that lone degus can become aggressive.

Degus will eat chinchillia pellets as they are closely related too them, can't remember how but it's what i remember, they also enjoy dust baths

They can be active during the day and night, the Degus i have are both as they've got used to people passing in and out all day so their not active just rather sit, eat and watch

Their life span is normally up to 6 years of age. They don't not particularly favour of being handled but they will eventually become docile and tame from constant contact, may take a little longer than gerbils or hamsters though. The ones that i handle love being cuddled

There is plenty of information on the internet, try search through Google they bring alot of good sites up
micki
Dogsey Junior
Male 

01-03-2006, 08:49 AM
we've got a degu called boggy.