View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2009, 09:10 AM

Father's Day - am I the only sad-o who did it from their dog?

So, today is Father's Day and as a special thank you to my husband, Woody presented him with a card and a pressie.

How sad am I!!!???

Hehehe. I just thought it would be abit of fun and he was chuffed to bits. I got him a Formula One card and a moleskin plain paper sketch book for all his web design ideas.

I know it's silly but I wanted to thank him for all the early morning walks (he gets up at 6am every day to do the early ones), the dinners, the toilet breaks, the games, the grooming and tucking into bed at night.

Thanks Neil for being a great Daddy to Woody!
Dale's mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-06-2009, 09:20 AM
Chip and Dale sent Mike a card this morning. They didn't tell me about it either but it arrived with one from our son
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2009, 09:24 AM
I used to do that from our dogs until I had kids. Now the OH gets three lots of cards and pressies, so I'm not forking out for another 8 pressies for him

I don't think it's sad at all. Very sweet in fact
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

21-06-2009, 09:38 AM
None of my dog's are fathers.

Me on the other hand - I have been asked to go back to bed so I can have a cuppa in bed.
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2009, 09:54 AM
My hub got card from the dog It actually says on the card "from the dog" I saw it in the shop when the kids were buying theirs and so couldn't resist! I even put a lickle bone biscuit in it so when he opened it, it fell out and Tilly jumped all over him to get it! he also got 5 other cards from our combined kids! So he did quite well & we are taking him out for Sunday lunch.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

21-06-2009, 10:40 AM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
I got him a Formula One card and a moleskin plain paper sketch book for all his web design ideas.
Nice idea Pidgy - I got a big lick on the face from Rianna

Will you be watching the race at Silverstone on TV or maybe you can see it from your bedroom window
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2009, 10:42 AM
Heh, glad it's not just me then ;o)

Originally Posted by Phil View Post
None of my dog's are fathers.

Me on the other hand - I have been asked to go back to bed so I can have a cuppa in bed.
I've sent him out with the dog and am currently preparing his favourite cooked breakfast for him (potato cakes, veggie bacon, poached eggs, mushrooms and toms fried in olive oil and oregano) so that it's ready just in time for the Grand Prix at midday! After that I've given him a list of jobs I want done today:

1. Watch the Grad Prix
2. Do whatever you want
3. Do whatever you want
4. Do whatever you want.

His face was very funny when I demanded he get some jobs done today!! ;o)

Originally Posted by Tillymint View Post
My hub got card from the dog It actually says on the card "from the dog" I saw it in the shop when the kids were buying theirs and so couldn't resist! I even put a lickle bone biscuit in it so when he opened it, it fell out and Tilly jumped all over him to get it! he also got 5 other cards from our combined kids! So he did quite well & we are taking him out for Sunday lunch.
That's a great idea with the bone, wish I'd thought of that, how funny. Woody took his card to him in his mouth and it was very amusing trying to get it off him!! ;o)
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2009, 10:45 AM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Nice idea Pidgy - I got a big lick on the face from Rianna

Will you be watching the race at Silverstone on TV or maybe you can see it from your bedroom window
We wont do it every year, it's just because it's our first ;o)

Not quite Harvey, I wish. I've been a few times (I was there the year Minger Ecclestone decided it would be clever to have it in April and we all got watered in!! My Dad's Porsche was towed out by the BMW team ;o)

We'll watch it live though and I hope it's a good one. No rain predicted here which is shame but I bet old JB is feeling the pressure.

What do you think of the 8 team scandal? Load of farse if you ask me!!

Sorry for threadjack ;o)
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2009, 10:54 AM
I think that's very sweet amd I wish I had thought of it because my husband got nothing ( 2 children )
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2009, 11:00 AM
We are having a barbecue today but OH doesn't want it until late afternoon (he says its because its not very sunny yet but of course we all know that it's because he wants to watch the Grand Prix)
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >