Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2005, 10:12 PM

update on job

hey guys, just finished first few days of my new job at kennels. im really enjoying it. I havent taken indie along with me yet as i think it would freak her out too much, i think she'd probably rather stay at home warm rather than sit in the cold grooming parlour around other whinging dogs!

anyway, i can safely say i will never ever put indie in kennels. i never realised how bad it is Dont get me wrong, these are nice kennels, its just... not a place i would send my dog to for a weekend or longer! The kennels seem really damp and cold even tho they are apparently heated, most of them are sleeping on wet blankets, of which i have been trying to change without anyone asking me to or anyone else even thinking about really. They get 2 walks a day, but for like 2 minutes each, and some owners leave them with toys but if the dog is moved to a new kennel the toy is left behind
i feel really sorry for em. A male staffie came in yesterday and broke my heart... his owners have gone on hols in oz for 4 weeks and he was crying. when i took him for a walk and came back to put him in his kennel he was tryin to run back out. Normal i know, but still, really hard.

Oh.. and when i came home today indie wouldnt say hello to me, prob cos of the smell of other dogs and wont eat her dinner... even tho its cooked chicken!

but anyway, really love my job.. its nice doing something i love for once
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2005, 10:13 PM
aww im so pleased to hear that your enjoying your new job
annapaige
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-12-2005, 10:19 PM
pleased you like your new job.
i worked at a bording kennels for almost 5 years and its the only job i ever loved gonig to work for tho they all kept there toys even if moved kennels and clean bedding when needed and we had toys for the dogs that didnt bring there own it was great and i miss not working there anymore
Zeus
Dogsey Junior
Male 

02-12-2005, 10:53 PM
Congratulations on getting the job and im glad that your enjoying it. I wish that there were more animal-related work around me, i had to finish working at my vets to go into higher eduction, hopefully they'll want me back after i finish
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2005, 10:58 PM
Glad you are enjoying it Jenny!
At the boarding kennels I work at, we also house rescue dogs for the RSPCA, Goldie rescue, Basset Hound rescue, and Staffy rescue - all these rescues make me so sad when I have to leave them - really pulls my heart strings.

We just got a little Staffy girl in - ok, little not the work! She's like a pot bellied pig!
She's been in another boarding kennels for 12 months, cos her owners didn't want her
Theres also a little Staffy guy called Tony, and all he does is sleep in his bed all day, but jumps up for cuddles when we walk in his kennel!
Theres 5 staffies, about 6 or 7 BH's, and a couple of goldies in at the moment
Cumbrian Lass
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2005, 11:16 PM
So glad to hear you are enjoying your new job Jennie
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-12-2005, 03:19 PM
Glad you are enjoying your job Jenny

I have to say though it doesn't sound the best of kennels...I have only worked in one boarding kennel, then only for a short time and I have to say the dogs got a better bed, blankets and food than I did...