Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2009, 09:52 AM

Tango's first 5 days....

I can't believe that she has been here for 5 days now!!!! Mind you she has slotted in so well (touch wood) that it does feel like longer.

Tango adores my son and OH...she likes me a lot, but she prefers the males of the house, which is good really as I am officially Cosmo's! She gets on well with Biff and Cosmo.Biff is now being subjected to her face licking whenever he wanders past her and he seems to like it. Cosmo just thinks she's brilliant. They do play a lot...but not toooooo much, they are also happy to settle (so far).

She hasn't got a lot of stamina with walks at the moment...she likes to amble! I have taken her to our local small park the last couple of days and at points there was no one in so I took the lead off. (I have her on a strong flexi and harness when I take her there). She has basically followed me around...and if I wander away, she trots back. This definitely wouldn't be the case if there were people around.

Tanog LOVES people...I am convinced if I can stop her jumping up, that she would make a fab PATdog. I have purposefully walked her past quite a lot of people today as she tends to pull to get to them, I have been calling her and rewarding her when she looks at me with hotdog and then tickles until the person has gone. Earlier she saw someone on the other side of the road, went to move towards her, then stopped and turned to me with her tail wagging...bright as a button it would seem.

Other than the one toileting accident the other day (our fault) she has been clean in the house. She sleeps through and her scratching (which I think is a displacement activity when she is worried) is settling down nicely.

We feel exceptionally lucky to have her in our lives.
Look no lead....

Moving in for another tickle!!!

PLaying...blurry but they do pick up some speed!!!Cosmo goes into zoomie mode and initially she just sat and watched him...now she tries to catch him!

Thanks for looking
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2009, 09:54 AM
Just brilliant!! She looks like she has always been with you

So glad she has found a forever home with you!
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2009, 09:56 AM
Originally Posted by IsoChick View Post
Just brilliant!! She looks like she has always been with you

So glad she has found a forever home with you!
Awwww thank you. So am I...I think she's just lovely!
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2009, 10:03 AM
Fantasic. So glad its going well.
She has such a lovely kind face
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2009, 10:07 AM
Whata lovely thread, so pleased to hear that everything is going so well with her and that she has fitted in with each individual member of the family.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2009, 10:09 AM
A match made in heaven for all concerned it seems!
Becky
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2009, 10:10 AM
Originally Posted by honeysmummy View Post
Fantasic. So glad its going well.
She has such a lovely kind face
Thank you. She does have a very kind face...soft eyes.
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
Whata lovely thread, so pleased to hear that everything is going so well with her and that she has fitted in with each individual member of the family.
Touch wood ( I wonder when I will stop doing that...) everything has gone well so far...just hoping it continues. The rescue peeps did match her to us carefully, we have been on the list a while. Apparently when they first had her and started to talk about who she could go to...they both immediately said us.

I just feel so lucky to have her.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2009, 10:11 AM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
A match made in heaven for all concerned it seems!
Becky
TOUCH WOOD!!!!!!! I do know it's early days yet...but at this point,all the signs are fantastic!
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2009, 10:19 AM
I am so happy for you all, I know she is still new but I think it is just going to get better
She is such a gorgeous girlie and looks very gentle. I love that she is winning Biff round, how cute
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2009, 10:24 AM
I'm grinning from ear to ear. I love hearing happy endings and it looks like you have a fantastically happy one
Couldn't be more pleased for you
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >