Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tink
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2006, 09:11 PM

Couplings ???

Anyone use them ??
I've had one for about six months,i don't choose to use it much but occasionally it comes in handy when my right side of my neck/shoulder is sore.
I took the pair of them out on it earlier and it always makes me chuckle
They try and 'beat' each other in the walking stakes to see who can 'get ahead'
Inevitably they end up pulling and if i jerk them back they 'bang their heads together'
Makes me psml
I have now worked out though that if i draw back left it brings the dog on the right back in to heel and vice versa.
Kath
Sadly Missed
Female 

04-11-2006, 10:00 PM
I used one for my last two dogs, a german pinscher and a welsh springer, mainly because when I got the welshie he was a nervous wreck and being kept close to the bitch who was so self confident, helped him greatly. I found it much easier to walk the two of them on a coupling lead, it meant I always had a hand free , and they didn't get tied up round my legs !!! Kath
CockerMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2006, 09:00 AM
Hi
i use two sets on a daily basis. i walk all five at the same time and the youngest two aren't always allowed off lead (they get carried away in the heat of the moment and don't always recall). so i need a hand free for Poop scooping. i find them a god send as trying to hold five leads and a walking stick is a nightmare. so i just have three leads now and they all walk next to each other and at heal.
never knewn they were called Couplings though, sure they are the same thing.....? learn some thing new every day...
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2006, 09:12 AM
I used to use one on my pair and they'd do exactly the same thing. Bang heads if they started to pull I checked them. They'd both walk off as if they were muttering under their breadth
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-11-2006, 09:19 AM
Was just thinking about getting one of these today for Jake and Charlie.....
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-11-2006, 04:48 PM
Got one Tried it this morning and it seemed ok... little bit strange at first but ok. Can't see me using it for proper walking though, more for those events when you need to put the dogs on lead while other dog walkers go past etc Early days yet though, will give it time for me and the boys to get used to it

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0060.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	2974   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0066.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	2975  
Ray
Dogsey Senior
Male 

05-11-2006, 04:57 PM
Lovely looking labs, Ian. Am I right in thinking they are not yet fully grown, or do they just look young for their age?
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2006, 04:58 PM
oh you mean twin lead....or is that different ?
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-11-2006, 05:00 PM
Originally Posted by Ray View Post
Lovely looking labs, Ian. Am I right in thinking they are not yet fully grown, or do they just look young for their age?
Just babies Ray... 12 and 20 weeks
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2006, 06:45 PM
I was given one to try with my boys, but it was very short, and they both wanted to wee at the same time and ended up doing over each other!! So I purchased a new longer one, which eliminates the problem of toileting, and I find it very beneficial.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >