Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ssmith80
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-09-2008, 11:11 AM

possibly the worst morning ever

I can't be believe how bad this morning has been, this is a long one!!

For starters I missed my alarm and woke up late, so I was in a mad rush to get ready, didn't have time for a shower.... ergh.

Secondly it's pouring down with rain, and i got completely soaked on the way to work.

THIRDLY i was walking down by the main road, and saw two children [id guess about 8 and 10] walking a Lab and a Border Collie WITH NO LEAD ?! On the pavement next to a main road?! WHAT?! If the dogs were well behaved I might have managed to turn a blind eye but they were jumping all over the place, running in figure of eights.

I was thinking to myself... oh god... one of these dogs, or one of the kids, is gonna get run over. i was sort of walking behind them holding my breath, coming up with an action plan of what to do if anything happened, checking i had my mobile on me... im generally quite a paranoid person so its not unusual for me to do this. I've seen my best friend and my aunty both knocked down since the close of last year, im really nervous about roads now.

sure enough I couldnt BELIEVE IT, the collie shot out into the road without looking and SCREECH... a Nissan Micra slammed its breaks on... oh god.... oh god no... i saw the dog roll a few feet along the road... i thought for sure it was dead.

The kids were screaming on the path and the lab was barking its head off, I was the only person around and all the traffic was getting rowdy because nobody knew what had happened. I had NO idea what to do, so i just ran out into the road, covered the dog with my coat and tried to stop the traffic. Rang the police and told them what had happened, they sent two cars to block the road til the owners turned up to claim the dogs AND the kids. They must have taken about 20 mins to turn up but it seemed like forever.

i was crouched on the floor with this dog, it was alive! shaking like a leaf, there was no blood or anything it just couldnt move, i was such a mess, i stank, was soaked, tears and rain pouring down my face!! the police turned up and relieved me of my duties, then the owners turned up and bundled the collie and the kids in the back of the car. im assuming they were on their way to the emergency vets!

To top it all off i got yelled at for being late for work (by about an hour!!) and now ive got no appetite so i cant eat my lunch

*sigh*
ssmith80
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-09-2008, 11:14 AM
oh and I forgot to mention, the person that knocked the dog down was the most awful old man!! he was horrible!

he came booming out the car shouting "BLAH BLAH STUPID DOG WHAT THE HELL IS IT DOING IN THE ROAD WHERE ARE THE OWNERS..."

if it was me id be more concerned about the fact that id almost just killed it, and theres two screaming kids and another dog on the path to keep control of.

thankfully some more people came along and looked after the kids til the parents arrived.

phew :\ im still shaken. even now
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-09-2008, 11:19 AM
What stupid people , the ones who let the kids go out like that without leads on the dogs, that was an accident waiting to happen., and the guy who hit the dog sounds like a charmer, miserable prat. I hope the poor Collie is going to be ok. Did its owner thank you for your help ? The situation could have been much worse if you hadn't been there.You might have had a horrible morning, and getting told off for being late under the circumstances seems harsh, but it sounds like you were needed to be there to stop a bad situation getting worse.
ssmith80
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-09-2008, 11:23 AM
yeah the woman just sheepishly said 'thanks for your help' and walked off... the guy seemed embarrassed to be honest, and was talking to the police. (probably getting a right telling off for letting his kids out with two big dogs and no leads)

well, at least i HOPE the police had a stern word.
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2008, 11:26 AM
Well done for stopping & helping. Hope the dog recovers. What horrible people, the man in the car, when one of mine once had an accident with a car the driver was as concerned as I was, & wanted to take us to the vets. Must say I do think your work are too bad as well. Instead of telling you of for being late they should be helping you get over the shock & being extra kind.
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-09-2008, 11:26 AM
I hope the police had a very stern word, and as for the guy who hit the dog, and then didn't care , I hope bad Karma comes his way. I hope they did take the dog to a vet though.
Woodstock
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-09-2008, 11:38 AM
You brave and poor thing. No wonder its shaken you up. Big hugs. This is exactly why all dogs (even the perfectly well behaved ones) should always be on leads. To be fair to the old man - although he does sound truly awful, I would be bl00dy angry if it had been me driving because it's such an easily avoidable accident BUT i would have been SO concerned about the dog and the kids tbh. I would be torn with guilt even if it wasn't my fault.
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2008, 11:57 AM
Some people just shouldn't be allowed to have dogs or children .
What a shock you must have got and I don't think your work are very nice either
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2008, 12:19 PM
What a c*ap morning, what an awful, tragic experience, but also, what a very good job YOU were there coz I dread to think what might have happened. I hope your nerves have settled, it must have been a complete nightmare which you'll always remember in slow motion! I do hope that dog got to the vets, poor, poor thing.
Border1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-09-2008, 12:36 PM
Hope your feeling a bit better now , what sort of parents let kids out with large dogs anyway either with/without a lead i hope the police have some seriouse words and i pray that the collie has been taken to the vets and is ok
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >