Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MnM
New Member!
Female 

15-05-2007, 07:37 PM

Hello Everybody...

Hello, My name is Tara, I have two Cavaliers King Charles Spaniels called Max and Milly, we had the pleasure of bring them home on February 28th 2006, they are brother and sister and pretty much inseparable! (not a good thing I know...) I've got too say they are the most adorable dogs I've had the pleasure of owning (they are the only dogs I've owned ) The only bad thing is that on walks when either one gets sight or a whiff of something then they've gone! It took us half an hour to find them last weekend and when we did they were hysterical, crying howling, woofing but will they learn from that bad experience? nah I doubt it! Any ideas on getting them to come back? I've also just purchased some dog clippers....poor Milly....she has a bold patch on her leg! I'm trying to find a good grooming with clippers book/DVD, and also what the traditional CKCS cut is ment to be...I've clipped the feathers on the backs of the legs so far and now have a feeling that I shouldn't have done that!

Thats all for now-not quite the introduction I should of started with but nevermind!

Thanks and Hello again

Tarax
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2007, 07:41 PM
hello and welcome to dogsey from dollyknockers and hewr clan

IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-05-2007, 07:41 PM
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2007, 07:53 PM
Hi Tara, Max & Milly ( gorgeous names) Welcome to Dogsey, hope you enjoy your time here.

I have two cav boys both aged 17 months. I had another boy who went to the bridge at the age of 11 Xmas 2005, and he was very naughty at running off!

Harvey and Archie have been spoilt with my time, as I no longer work ( unlike Simba ) So I must admit I have really worked with them both on their recall. I does take time and quite often when you think you are getting there - you go backwards. Can I suggest training them seperately ( thats if you don't already - as I had a nightmare training both). Then when you are happy they are both at one level, continue. A long lead or flexi is brilliant for training recall. Good Luck, Tracy x
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-05-2007, 07:59 PM
Hi and welcome to Dogsey
MnM
New Member!
Female 

15-05-2007, 08:12 PM
Hi again Tracy, yeah training them separatley isn't as easy as it sounds! as the other one always wants the attention, and I feel mean putting one in another room, but if I want obedient dogs then thats what might have to be done! Max is some much easier to train than Milly...she just has to look cute and give you a cuddle then you forgive her for being dozy! I would hate to loose them through lack of trying!

Thanks for the advice.

Tx
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2007, 09:50 PM
Hello Tara, welcome to Dogsey
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

15-05-2007, 10:19 PM
HiTara Hope you enjoy the forums and......

Erin
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-05-2007, 10:24 PM
Hi and welcome to dogsey,enjoy the forums
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-05-2007, 11:10 AM
Hello Tara
A w
arm welcome to Dogsey, the friendly site for doglovers everywhere.
We are delighted to have you with us,
If you need help with posting pictures,
or with anything on Dogsey, please
Click here

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >