Our sister sites
Our sister sites
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2005, 09:41 AM

Hemp leads

Hi there

After reading information from lab-tested.com they were quick to recommend Hemp leads and collars, saying that hemp leads are kinder on the hands than what nylon leads were.

Now this leads me to ask is hemp as durable as nylon? Our pup is huge from what I have learnt and we need something that won't rub/cut our hands.

Anyway do we give Hemp products for dogs a thumbs up? And if so has anyone stumbled across a hemp lead that ISN'T patterned? I prefer less fuss and plain leads and collars - if you've seen a plain hemp lead please let me know (provided we get positive feedback on hemp).

Thanks for your help.
deefin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2005, 10:00 AM
ill certainly keep my eyes open for one for you . prefer bridal leather myself
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-07-2005, 11:11 AM
I agree with Deefin - for your permanent, adult lead, go for top quality leather. Kind on the hands and will last for years.

You will need a lightweight lead while he is small. Just a cheap nylon or webbing one would be suitable as he will soon grow big enough for a 'grown-up' leather lead. Make sure that it has a reliable, strong clasp. I prefer webbing as the nylon ones can be slippery to handle.
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2005, 11:32 AM
Thanks SB - we were just going to get him something light to get him used to having a lead when he was a puppy, then move onto a leather lead when he's adult - just as you suggested

I'll see if I can find webbing leads here in the UK.

Thanks