Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jem
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2011, 10:33 PM

KC registering question

If you register a litter with the kc do they ask to see proof of parents health tests?x
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2011, 03:40 AM
It is not necessary to provide the KC with proof of health tests as of course if you have had your dogs hip/elbow scored under the KC/BVA scheme and eyes screened under the KC/BVA scheme they already know!

It is very simple now for any purchaser to verify if the parents of their puppies have been health tested using the Health test finder on the KC website.
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2011, 05:12 PM
If the parents have had the proper tests done then the results would be sent straight to the KC anyway, if they haven't then you will need to send photo copies of the test results so they can be added to the sire/dams papers, which will then show on the pups registration papers
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2011, 05:16 PM
The KC will not accept photocopies of tests. If the tests are those conducted by the BVA/KC they will be sent to the KC directl whether those tests are done pre or post puppies birth
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2011, 08:35 PM
Actually when two of my dogs were KC/BVA eye tested, the results didn't reach the KC, so I e-mailed them and they agreed to me scanning my copy and e-mailing them back to them, results were then added to my dogs registrations overnight.

Also with Cocker Spaniels the Antagene FN DNA tests results are accepted by the KC but not sent direct from Antagene, so it's up to the owners to send the results in, again via e-mail. So if you have health tests, then e-mail them to the KC