Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2010, 07:16 PM

No heat, no electric then a flood...

Yes you read it right! The central heat stopped working at 7:00 last night. The valve that takes the water through the pipes to the radiators gave up the ghost.
Called a plumber, coming today at 10, called back and wasn't coming til 5 He did turn up at 5 with the part he thought he needed but unfortunately the whole unit broke when he tried to get the faulty bit off so all the water in the pipes flooded through the ceiling into the front room:sho ck:
Came through the overhead light so the electric had to go off. Were in total darkness and freezing cold for a couple of hours. Buckets and towels everywhere to mop up the mess Luckily the water found a way through and most of it ended up on the sofa which is leather, another good thing. A fabric sofa would have been ruined. Plumber finally managed to source the extra part, came back and got the electric and heating sorted.
We're left with a couple of damp patches on the carpet but clean water luckily and the ceiling is stucco so will dry out. Could have been a lot worse but didn't seem so when it was happening
The poor plumber was mortified and said nothing had ever happened like it to him before. He only charged us for the part and not the labour and OH gave him a fiver for a pint. I'm sure he didn't want his Friday evening to go like this anymore than we did
So instead of cooking, OH went to the chippy and we're going to relax for the rest of the night. Tomorrow's another day. That's what I get for taking a few days off work!

And breathe
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2010, 07:19 PM
Oh no how awful for you! I bet you were thinking it just can't get any worse at some point! Hope you enjoyed your chippy meal though - glad it's sorted now!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2010, 07:25 PM
Oh my life, how dreadful.
Is Cassie ok?
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2010, 07:36 PM
Originally Posted by Tillymint View Post
Oh no how awful for you! I bet you were thinking it just can't get any worse at some point! Hope you enjoyed your chippy meal though - glad it's sorted now!
That's exactly what I was thinking. The chippy was lovely and we're just starting to warm up.

Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Oh my life, how dreadful.
Is Cassie ok?
Thanks Jenny. Cassie's draped across her dad's knee. She went to bed when it was all going on after woo wooing at the plumber! xx
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2010, 07:40 PM
phew as you say could have been alot worse but probably could have done without any of it!!!!
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2010, 07:51 PM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
phew as you say could have been alot worse but probably could have done without any of it!!!!
Yes on both counts Dani. Just glad it's over now and we can enjoy our long weekend. It's poor John's birthday on Sunday
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2010, 08:06 PM
Originally Posted by wufflehoond View Post
Yes on both counts Dani. Just glad it's over now and we can enjoy our long weekend. It's poor John's birthday on Sunday
snap its Phils on sunday too !!
what have you got him ?
I got Phil a new camera ( although its really for me!!!lol)
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2010, 10:04 PM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
snap its Phils on sunday too !!
what have you got him ?
I got Phil a new camera ( although its really for me!!!lol)
LOL, I've got him some jeans and a few bits and pieces as he didn't really want a lot!