Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2010, 01:34 PM

Peeing on beds

Just thought I would ask a general question.

We have Bella a 3 yr old retired grey for a couple of months now.

She never pees in the house now UNLESS she has access to the bedrooms, she has now managed to get round all the beds in the house once and I now keep the doors closed to ensure this doesnt happen again. I cant understand why she does this as she can now go for a while and 'asks' when she needs to go out. She has regular walks and runs and access to the back garden , when she has done this its been when I have been out and she is with my hubby or kids (adults) and sneaked off and had a pee on one of the beds. It has cost me 4 duvets so far !
littlewolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-11-2010, 01:37 PM
The dog I had when growing up would do this, and the dog I have now will too given the chance.

I have no idea why, both are/ were toilet trained it just seems to be something about duvets!

Vito just doesn't get unsupervised access to the bedroom.

Sorry i have no advice but you aren't alone x
chaosjoey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-11-2010, 01:39 PM
Just wanted to add that Joey does this too! He never wees in the house except if he can get into our bedroom then he'll cock his leg up the bed!

So again, sorry no advice to give but will be interested to see what others have to say!
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2010, 03:05 PM
Thanks guys so 3 of us have woofs who like to pee on beds lol May have to set up a club
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-11-2010, 03:21 PM
lolmy lola (border terrier) does this if the dorr and gate to stairs is left open by kids she sneaks into my sons room and pees in there or even poos! no-one elses room and is clean in the house
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2010, 03:27 PM
Originally Posted by angied View Post
lolmy lola (border terrier) does this if the dorr and gate to stairs is left open by kids she sneaks into my sons room and pees in there or even poos! no-one elses room and is clean in the house
Strange huh why they do this , bella is clean in the house too , maybe a duvet is a nice place to pee/poo Hmm,maybe it smells of us ?
Pilgrim
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2010, 04:27 PM
Ozzy will very occasionally wee in my sons bedroom BUT up his tardis not the bed, does that count?
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2010, 05:28 PM
I saw it on VS - she said something about a sign of dominance I dont actually know but I doubt it's something like that.

Does sleep weeing the bed count?
decca234uk
Dogsey Junior
Male 

26-11-2010, 05:34 PM
Yes this is a strange one, something I've never come across an answer for. Personally I don't subscribe to the dominant theory. Some dogs, despite being clean, can still have a place in the house where they will pee if given the opportunity.
My dog will always pee on the corner of the rug in the room if we leave him alone for a while. He never does it anywhere else and will start to whine when he wants to go out, but if we allow him in the room unsupervised he will pee on the rug. Strange, but who knows.
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2010, 07:48 PM
My GSP went through a phase of doing this and we never realised until we got into bed. He was totally clean in every other respect. I think it was a teenage thing because our beds smelled so strongly (to him) of us he wanted to add his own scent. He was never chastised for doing it and it seems to have stopped, thankfully.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >