Our sister sites
Our sister sites
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2010, 11:44 PM

It never Rains...

In the last week...

Kismet ran full pelt into my Mum's new patio doors and bumped her nose and has a chipped toof and swollen mouf

Selkie got lost for an hour (felt like a year) on the walk... Silly old lady just wandered off and lost sight of us... We were walking the field shouting for the (deaf) dog.. Looking like crazy people... She sensibly enough headed for the gate on to the field and laid down to wait for us!

Pharaoh got trapped in the bathroom when I went out to the shop on Saturday, he must have knocked the door stop on his way in for a drink the door closes on its own if not propped open.. He tore his pads and mouth trying to get out and the bathroom door looks like something from a horror movie...

Also while I was at the shop Saturday, Kismet jumped off the table in the garden and twisted her ankle ( I thought she had broken it at first) The neighbours saw her do it and she was playing quite the drama queen screaming and howling in the garden, so they lifted a fence panel out and carried her into their living room and treated her like royalty until I got home... I got home to no Kismet and a note saying come next door... Kismet was lying on their floor whimpering and wouldn't put any weight on her foot at all, just hanging limp... I phoned the emergency vets straight away, but they were inundated with fireworks problems so said rest over night then bring her in today if she needed it...

By this morning she had a slight limp (more when she remembered) and now... Kismet is currently tearing around my living room rebelling from her 'rest day, no sign of anything wrong with her paw at all! She has also chewed the hose for my powerhose which I was in the process of cleaning my conservatory with, when I remembered I need to get to the shops Saturday, so I tucked it into the conservatory instead of back in the shed...

Sigh

Anyone have a good home for three slightly used but well loved dogs.. actually scratch that, anyone have a good home for a very used and distressed owner!
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2010, 12:38 AM
Poor you!
And poor them!

That last line made me laugh though
Milk maid
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-11-2010, 08:27 AM
it sounds like you are having a wonderful time
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2010, 09:03 AM
Oh dear, sounds like my house, want to swap dogs, yours sound so much more pleasant

Life's never boring though
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2010, 09:38 AM
Aw sounds like you had a fun week. At least nobody was seriously hurt there (apart from Kismet's toof), maybe this week will be better for you
muttzrule
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2010, 03:09 AM
Oh goodness! Dog's eh! Who'd have em! Glad Kismet is ok!
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2010, 06:55 AM
Blimey! You've had a looong week! I hope it all settles down soon and they are all back in full repair
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2010, 09:06 AM
Oh dear quite a week! Silly doglets! I hope kismets tooth is ok, I chipped mine a few years ago, and ouchie it hurt!