Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2005, 10:41 PM

presa canario

presa canario, my mate is asking what thier temps are with children and can you only import this breed! or is thier breeders in the uk???

shes saw rocky and rob ks dog and shes looking to get a new dog!

please help so i can help her

eRaze
Administrator
Male 

25-05-2005, 10:50 PM
Hi SM

Presas are very dominent dogs and are not recommended for the 1st time owner, and with every dog, they shouldn't be left alone with children. Do a search here for presa canario as there are a few threads about them
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2005, 10:53 PM
ty eraze, so not really a good idea with children, she has had rotties and bull mastiffs!
her rottie died 3 months ago and the children want another dog and she wants a big one and to guard the house, but be good with children
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

25-05-2005, 11:33 PM
Afaik they are just as good with children as Rotts or BMs, but like those they are big (well not as big as rotties or BMs) lol maybe I am just 2cautious? lol

many people I kno say they are great with kids (RobK and Johnno here), so I guess a lot of it is down to how they are brought up
Hamstaff
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-05-2005, 11:45 PM
Same as any dog I guess, the only difference being that due to the strength and size, the potential for a huge amount of damage is greater than say a JRT.I have usually found Molossers to be some of the kindest and gentlest dogs I have ever met.
Sian
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

26-05-2005, 12:12 AM
Originally Posted by Hamstaff
I have usually found Molossers to be some of the kindest and gentlest dogs I have ever met.
Sian
I agree

I can give Rocky a treat no problem! I sometimes give him a treat but don't let go of it - so my hand is in his mouth but he is soooooooooooo gentle! He gently pulls it, awwwwww.

Rocky's best friend is a Beagle and when I give him treats I 'drop' them from about a metre above him cos he nips you!! OUCH!
Alohacorso
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-05-2005, 12:19 AM
My cc's do that--gently takes the treats that is. Although I am still working on it a bit with the baby. She's getting much better about being careful with those sharp baby teeth.
Bobby-Digital
Dogsey Junior
Male 

26-05-2005, 01:11 AM
Hey i thought Presas were bigger than rotties and about the same size as a bull mastiffs i have seen a couple and they were huge. bigger than any rottie i have seen.
Kirsty
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-05-2005, 05:25 AM
Eraze

Pics of rocky please, havn't seen him for a long time

I agree Presa's are not recommended for someone with small children, I'm not sure what type of dog would be ideal with young children.
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2005, 08:56 AM
Hey guys ty, so i am gonna see her today and try and put her off, her babies are 1 year old and 4 year old!

she want a big dog! she love staffies she used to breed them also, but she really wants a big dog!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >