Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2013, 10:03 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
The mistakes on Ancestry are so numerous that I have given up sending the amendments. What gets me is that most of them are so flipping obvious.

Do you find it upsetting sometimes when transcribing deaths.......you know, all the tinies with no names, or the children all from the same family etc. Or are you immune to it now, as I seem to be after all these years of research.
I know Ancestry are terrible. They have the Liverpool records on that I am doing & some of them are so obviously wrong. I was checking some once & all the pages were wrong but the records were very clear. I think they are transcribed in India or something. I dont get upset now about the deaths now. Sometimes its Oh what a shame all those babies but as you say you get immune to it unless I find any for my own family
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2013, 10:05 PM
Taff what an interesting job you have I've never met anyone who does that before.

Sally - I wasn't aware about having teeth cleaned I think I'll have to go and read my PetPlan policy. I've never had a dog insured before and luckily she was a really healthy little thing. Flash is insured 3rd Party by being a member of the Dog Trust.

I'm going off line now as I finished the book I was reading last night and want to go and find a new one before I go to bed. I've also got to walk the dogs .... mind you that won't be until about 11. Lovely to see you all as always. Night night, Malka, Sally and Taff. See you tomorrow.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2013, 10:12 PM
Jenny - Yes the teeth inspection, (yearly I think) is a condition of the policy.....Jimmi's started with the DT freeby too.

Night night - hope that you find a suitable book before bedtime

Taffsmum, I do sometimes wonder how on earth the transcribers for some of Ancestry's records came to the conclusions that they did It does give us researchers a laugh now and again though doesn't it, well it's either that or chuck the laptop out of the window.

I find myself being absolutely delighted when I find something gruesome or different, or even downright tragic However, this is quite normal for genealogists isn't it.......we don't want a boring family history!
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2013, 10:51 PM
Bedtime - have a good day tomorrow everyone, and look after yourselves.

Night night xxxx
Page 7 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7