register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-08-2014, 03:59 PM
Linda I once got 2 pairs of brand new school trousers for youngest son from Dr Barnardo's shop, apparently they get unsold stock donated to them, never told him where they came from though, because it would have gone down like a brick duck
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-08-2014, 04:02 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Do you know, I hadn't, but it's a good idea, thanks. I have put together a bag of Carys' outgrown uniform for a charity shop so I can have a browse when I'm there.

I am getting worried about stock getting low so I went on a panic buy and re-bought the ones I took back, just in case. My OH now thinks I've completely lost it.

BUT at least Michael WILL have trousers and proper grey ones too, not his PJs June.
Do the schools not have a store where people hand in their childrens' outgrown uniform? My children's Primary School [mixed] and both Grammar Schools [they went to separate ones] had them.

Very useful for fast-growing children!
Fourlegz
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-08-2014, 05:02 PM
Sheeeeeeeeeeezs. What a flipping day. Haven't had so much as a cup of tea yet. That'll teach me to have time off. Pops has been stuck inside nearly all day so we're off to the beach for a good run. Tea is fish pie - yes another kind of pie then beddyboes for me.
Another busy day tomorrow.
Have a great evening.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2014, 05:19 PM
Enjoy the beach FL & Poopy Wow,more pie?? Hope you get to put your feet up and have a cuppa when you get back
My mum has dog napped the Princess,off to her house for a bit,no doubt spoiling her rotten,giving her things I don't allow.Most likely on her second block if cheddar cheese by now Geez,maybe I should go pick her up!!
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2014, 05:25 PM
Good late afternoon

Thanks so much for your very kind offer yesterday TW re paypal. All sorted now. I use my kalynta wulfdog email and remember last night the "d" wouldn't work, well it didn't put the "d" in dog..... and I hadn't noticed so after a morning on the phone to them and re setting the rest password, you still with me.....got it sorted

Poor Micheal, still no trousers, still could be an excuse not to send him to school till he has grown into some Good news on the car front TW, lets hope this isn't the first of his failures. Poor Amber, I am sure now you have Blue, she will soon loose it again, Hi to every one else, did read and then forgot

Been out and got bones, took Xander, Kacie and Shayda with me and had a lovely walk, got home changed dogs and took the other three. I also went sloe picking with the dogs on guard they are now open freezing and will be making sloe, vodka, gin and whisky....and maybe brandy.

The weather was drizzly this morning but brightened up this afternoon, so dogs are now outside with bones and I have washing out, hopefully still on the line as it is a bit breezy.

My friends lost dogs were found last night, dont know how or where, but at least they are safe and sound.

Will try to nip in later xx
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2014, 05:38 PM
Originally Posted by Rosebud77 View Post
What to you mean MORE physio? I left the "care" of the hospital before that started.

The knitting is fine as is almost all else. They were refusing to admit that their bad treatment had done serious damage.

No short cuts to nerve and soft tissue damage and I am happy with progress.

Two hours drive each way then three hours in the waiting area for two minutes is a waste of everything.

Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post

I would have gone to the physio if I were you, just to tick the box mainly and say yep been there, done that, and then no one can say...'ah but if you'd gone to physio...' like with my broken wrist, I was doing one heck of a lot better than anyone else when I got my first session and it makes you realise how much more you actually do than a lot of people.

:
Absolutely TW, I couldn't agree more.

Lovely end to the day now that I have dried all the washing in the tumbler
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2014, 05:39 PM
Great to hear that dog turned up ELAINE
Oh joy of joys...oldest has been nominated( 2 weeks ago) to do the ice bucket challenge.I get to chuck ice cold water all over her...Happy Days Youngest is going to video,I'll be the one in the coat and wellies
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2014, 05:55 PM
Elaine, That's good news re your friends dogs. I know how worried you were about them.

I am sure Amber will soon lose what she has put back on. But I have to learn not to give into her when she whines for treats.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-08-2014, 06:01 PM
Instead of commercial treats can't you give her some home made treats, or maybe a piece of apple or something like that
I too think she'll loose that extra weight, and a bit more, once you and blue head for the hills with her. She'll get a lot more excercise and also a bit of variety in her day
Fourlegz
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-08-2014, 06:19 PM
Great news re your car TW. Hope all gets sorted ASAP!
Page 6 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >