Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-11-2013, 08:20 AM

Morning Dogsey daily thread (Thursday).

Morning everyone. I know what's going to happen Helena is going to post at the same time too.

We have had rain overnight the ground is wet but the sun is shining for now although I believe we do have more rain to come. They are saying snow on the higher ground in the North where it will settle we may get snow but it won't be settling the bad snow if it comes is going to be a while coming apparently, well that's what their saying but who knows.

Not much doing here today except walking Dillon in a while and some housework.

Have a good day all.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-11-2013, 08:40 AM

Just you so far Lynn! It is lovely hear at the moment as the sun is streaming through the open door and it is not too hot [except where it hits bare flesh such as my left forearm and left ankle] although probably hotter outside.

My neighbour has been in with yesterday's mail and informed me that she has warned the Local Authority that [a] either the road gang clear up my yard [which of course is hers as she is my landlady] and [b] that they sort out a way for me get onto the road to go to the Health Clinic or macolet without being tipped out of my chair onto the road, or she will take legal action. She already has the names of people who have picked me up - lifted Xanadu onto the pavement etc - I mean she knows these people although to me they are just people who live here, and oh boy, once she starts it is all systems go!

I could take Da Booga to the Vet today for her blood tests as she has gone seven clear seizure-free days but I think I will leave it until Sunday as another couple of days will not change the results and she will still be less than three weeks overdue for them.

Right - three butternut squashes to prep, blanch and freeze, so better get moving!

Have a good day everyone.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2013, 08:51 AM
Hi Lynn and Malka just the three of us then
We had a lot of rain over night too and one shower this morning amongst the sun, causing a beautiful rainbow
So today I feel I am on the final count down, this weekend is our family reunion.
10 of Brians brothers and sisters, their spouses, children, grand children and great grandchildren. 120+ are meeting up for a party on Saturday. I am so excited
There will also be sadness remembering the 5 we have lost but to just see the others will be such fun. Look out on Monday when I post all the pics
First I have to go shopping and then find a necklace to bling up my new out fit, it needs a sparkle around the neck!
I hope everyone is well, have a good day and I will be back later.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2013, 09:26 AM
Morning Lynn, Malka and Nippy.

Lynn, have a good day doing your housework.

Malka, I am so glad that your neighbour is doing her bit to get your front and road access sorted out for you about time.

Nippy Jen, that's going to be some party! Enjoy!

Have a good day everyone and those that are to follow too. Nice and sunny here too. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-11-2013, 09:29 AM
Morning Malka good on ya Landlady lets hope she has success. I have everything crossed.
Morning Jenny I thought for a minute they were all descending on your home and I was thinking what alot of cooking you will be doing. I am glad to read it will be at a venue.
It will be lovely but sad too as you say. I am sure those you will be remembering will be happy that you will be smiling most of the time.
Good luck with the necklace.

We did our walk today past the school at the time the children were going in it was pretty mad but he did very well although he would of loved to of said hello to them all.
We then came back and I decided to clear up the leaves in the garden Dillon and I have had an good workout him tearing up and down the garden after the broom. I have a lovely mud track down the middle of the garden and a filthy dog again. Hopefully he will settle down soon at the moment he is doing silly barking.

I reckon everyone else is having a lie-in today. Especially Jenny(2) after her birthday meal last night.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-11-2013, 09:30 AM
Morning Moyra thank you I will try.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2013, 09:32 AM
Lol no Lynn we have hired the local cricket club and they are doing the catering. Not even I could cope with that
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-11-2013, 09:38 AM
Phew good to hear that. I had visions of you in your apron and Brian mopping your brow while running around with Red Adair trying to cater for everyone.
lynnb
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-11-2013, 09:45 AM
Good morning, its cold and damp out there i think i might just stay indoors today. Hooch is curled up all snug, fast asleep in his bed.
We took hooch to the vet on saturday for his kennel cough vax and after the vet had checked his heart told us he has developed a heart murmur. Its only very slight and doesn't need any meds just need to monitor it.
Malka- lets hope your neighbour can give this lot a big kick up the whatsits and get those workmen doing what thier being payed for.
Nippy- Sounds like there's going to be alot of laughter, smiles and tears at your party
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-11-2013, 09:51 AM
I have just paid for the new duvet I bought the other week as the "blanket man" came by. Not that the duvet is on the bed yet as it is not needed, but I know it will be really good when it is, even though it will only be needed for maybe a couple of months maximum, and means I can keep all three windows in my bedroom open with just the trissim closed.

Da Booga did her "friend" bark, I looked out and he was standing at the end of the ramp smiling so I called out that I would get my purse. Today he had some absolutely beautiful bed sets - duvet covers with matching fitted bottom sheets and pillowcases - but I have more than enough much as I would have loved a couple of sets. They are made in Hevron and the quality is so good and the colours/patterns so beautiful... but I just do not need any more.

I am not sure why I always call him, and the others that have walked up and down over the years "blanket men" as they call out [in Ivrit] carpets, blankets, saucepans etc but I am glad he turned up so I could pay him the £17.50 or whatever I owed him for the duvet.
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 > Last »