Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2014, 07:19 AM

Morning Dogsey Daily Thread - Thursday

Good morning all Dogsey Peeps

Back to normal here for us darn sarf, wet and windy, I was getting withdrawals cos it had been so dry and sunny for the past couple of days.

Off up the top, but Zena will be back in her overalls today in this weather. Dave will probably be shut in the bathroom when I get back, doing the final hook ups, and slapping on the mosaics and laying the floor, and I'm really hoping over the next 3 days it'll be all finished and working. That's the important bit, that it works!

Lynn, I hope we'll see you today, and you're over your sad mood, we miss you in here.xxx

Jenny, how's that water going down now? Hope you managed to sweep all the silt back into the river and enjoyed your walk with your friend and her greyhounds.

Sally, hope you've got those paws of Jimmi's under control there now and he doesn't do any more damage to any of the others.

Hope everyone else is fine along with the doglets, and I'll pop in and out during the day. Enjoy your Thursday everyone whatever you're up to.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-02-2014, 07:21 AM
Morning everyone. Sorry I haven't really been keeping up with the threads only to know Eileen is feeling better Jimmi's paw is better but he has started with another paw now and Zena's claw is is getting better.
So glad you are feeling better Eileen, hoping Jimm's other poorly paw improves soon and glad Zena's claw has improved.
Jenny I read you are now sweeping silt off the lawn so understand the water levels must be subsiding. Good news.

Want to thank Sally for the hugs last night and everyone else who sent hugs and sympathy.

Gorden will be leaving in a bit and will be home again tomorrow evening he has tutorials for today and tomorrow giving his students the news if they have made it through and what level they are at for continuing the next term. Otherwise he would of had the whole week off.
His work load will get easier now so there will be some long weekends to come along soon.

Stay safe and have a good Thursday.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2014, 07:27 AM
Morning H and all,

My long day at work today and I can't get motivated. The wind is whistling round the house, typical as had my hair done last night so that will be blown everywhere.
I think I have found a good hairdresser and he has done his best to rectify what the other place had done, but said it will take a couple of cuts to get it back where I want it.

Lynn hope you are feeling more upbeat today.

H, how do you stop Zena ending up with mud dreadlocks especially underneath, I'm sure you don't put her in the bath after her walks, but I may be wrong.

Hope you are all ok and have a good day whatever your plans.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2014, 07:27 AM
Morning Lynn, we posted 2 mins apart today

Glad to see you back on form, we sure missed you yesterday, the thread was only about 7 pages long! Shame that Gorden has to go back to work for a day but it's nice to hear there will be some long week-ends ahead, and then of course, there'll be those summer holidays to look forward to. Enjoy your day and a nice walk with Dillon somewhere, although I expect it'll be in the rain like mine is.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2014, 07:31 AM
Morning Helena, Lynn and fellow members,

There's a saying isn't there about waiting for buses and then two come along .... not that either of you look like a bus, of course

I didn't get a chance to get back on yesterday so will have to have a catch up later. OH and I off to Kettering for the day today ..... OH's idea of a day out with the dogs .... not mine but I'll tell you more later

I've been out this morning sweeping more silt off the riverside garden path while there is still about 2" of water on it. The grass is dark brown and disgusting but we'll have to wait until the water table has lowered before that starts to dry out.

Still can't get my car back but maybe later today ... water still flowing very fast over the bridge

Enjoy your walk Helena and a good idea to put Zena's overalls on
Lynn I'm sorry you were feeling so down yesterday and hope today you don't feel quite so sad ((((hugs)))).

I hope everyone has a lovely day and see you all this evening.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2014, 07:34 AM
Morning Bev, glad the hair turned out as you wanted. The times I've heard that from a hairdresser *it'll take a couple of cuts* but the problem there is Bev, after those 2 cuts, THEY then mess it all up again Hope that doesn't happen with this new chap you found. I need to find another man, cos I don't like women cutting my hair, they never do it properly imo.

As for those muddy matts underneath, Zena gets the hose on her inner thighs, then just the tips of all that mud on her belly. I lift up her tail whilst straddling over her and hose that inner thigh down the legs there cos that's the worst bit for the matts. In really wet, muddy conditions, she has to wear her Hurtta overalls, which everyone is in awe of, cos when I get to the car and take them off, all I've got are muddy feet! Might be a good investment for Charly and Ash there. Don't get the Hurtta slushsuit cos I find it rubs Zena's belly where the back legs are, but the overalls she can race around in after the ball and I've never had a problem with them, bearing in mind she's almost lived in them for the past 3 months too!

Don't work too hard Bev.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2014, 07:36 AM
Morning Jenny, glad to hear you got to grips with some of that silt, but I bet your back hurts now

Oh that made me laugh about you going off to Kettering today, do you remember that One Foot in the Grave episode where they were invited out for that meal, and then realised they were expected to cook it cos they thought they were in *catering* not *kettering* LOL, reminded me of that.

Have a lovely day Jenny, I've gotta get moving now....
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2014, 07:46 AM
Morning everyone, hope all is well with you all. I hope Lynn is feeling better today. Just walked Amber, it is quite mild out there but trying to rain. I must do some washing down of paintwork today as Amber has left all her dirty fur marks round the front door and the hallway. Have a good day all and enjoy what ever you are doing today, God bless.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2014, 08:05 AM
Morning

All back to normal here. Step-MIL went yesterday, wind and rain back, Steve back to work.

My step-MIL said she had a lovely time and I didn't make a tray bake! Everything sort of got put on hold for those few days so it's all systems go now and trying to find the paperwork I tidied away.

I hope you all have a good day today. I wish it wouldn't rain because I can't go out with the kids, although I guess I could take them to a shopping centre to run about a bit.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-02-2014, 08:16 AM
Morning Helena, Bev, Jenny, Moyra and Linda.

Helena hope the bathroom goes well and is working very soon.
Bev no motivation here today and I don't have to go out to work luckily only walk Dillon. Good luck with the hair cut I must book mine in again maybe beginning of March to cheer myself up.
Morning Jenny enjoy your day in Kettering looking forward to hearing about it something to do with cars and racing maybe ? I remember that one foot in the grave episode.
Morning Moyra take care on the slippery mud when walking Amber.
Morning Linda sounds like the MIL visit went well. I know only too well about the tidying of paperwork and then trying to remember where I put it. Have fun at the shopping centre if you go.

Dull here and wet underfoot. May walk Dillon but he has had 3 good long walks all on lead but nice walks so if it rains we may doss about today he will sulk today anyway as his playmate has gone way again.
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 > Last »