Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2013, 07:23 PM
Join with LS in wishing you luck LYNN
Will miss you when your off air but looking forward to hearing all the news on your return (( hugs))
TANG my post to you I lost it Anyway may re-write it later when you've simmered down a bit I know you're in pain......and a little bit scarey gentle one sided (( hugs))
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

24-10-2013, 07:28 PM
'evening Sally,

Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
my lovely lovely chap who has been so brilliant with Jimmi, is leaving the practice for two years to gain experience with exotic animals etc.
Just when you find someone who really knows you and you're dog they up and leave

Well at least he will be back in two years.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2013, 07:29 PM
Thank you Lacey (the brandy is helping - I'm using the good arm to pour and lift it to my lips!)

And Losos I agree quite a lot of animals don't like 'change'. I had a cat who used to have a nervous breakdown almost if I moved the furniture around. Or, worse still, if something 'new' appeared in a room. Even something as innocuous as a large bag of shopping plonked down in the middle of the kitchen floor. He'd gingerly creep round it looking dead scared and all wary of it.

Animals! Huh!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-10-2013, 07:33 PM
Evening everyone still about just. We are in a pickle but have made lots of progress thank goodness for the two boys otherwise Gorden said he would still be sorting the loft let alone having made umpteen trips to the dump too.
Tom rang and said his solicitor thinks we will complete between 12pm and 1pm.
Tom is working tomorrow so they are going to move in during the weekend which is handy as it will give me more time to clean and Tracey is coming to help.
They are also driving up Monday with the children to visit.
We will undoubtedly be in a terrible mess but what the heck.
Better sign off for now plenty more to do.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2013, 07:36 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Evening everyone still about just. We are in a pickle but have made lots of progress thank goodness for the two boys otherwise Gorden said he would still be sorting the loft let alone having made umpteen trips to the dump too.
Tom rang and said his solicitor thinks we will complete between 12pm and 1pm.
Tom is working tomorrow so they are going to move in during the weekend which is handy as it will give me more time to clean and Tracey is coming to help.
They are also driving up Monday with the children to visit.
We will undoubtedly be in a terrible mess but what the heck.
Better sign off for now plenty more to do.
The completion time is usual around midday. I am a bit puzzled about them moving in later. Do they have somewhere else to go to? And what will happen about handover of keys? I thought all that had to be done at a certain time - have you made an arrangement with them to stay on for a bit after they've paid for it?

Oh how will you sleep tonight? I once stayed up all night scrubbing my house prior to moving out in the morning. Even got the removers to load up the night before and just leave us mattresses. Then the new owners didn't move in for THREE YEARS lol! And there was me up all night removing every speck of dust! (They'd apparently bought it for their retirement!)
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-10-2013, 07:40 PM
The keys are going to his mums she is only a few doors away.
They have the house they are renting till Sunday. Shan't be here that long after completion just long enough to make its nice and clean and tidy.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-10-2013, 07:40 PM
Pat - do not forget that I live in a detached bungalow, and that my rent includes not just the bungalow itself but my yards. Therefore it is my responsibility to make sure that people can get down the steps and path to come to my home. Which of course they cannot as the steps and path are blocked by the carp dumped by the [better not make any more comments as I do not wish to shatter the swear filter!].

Anyhow, for the amount I pay for my insurance - which I have never claimed on and hope I never have to, I am satisfied. I pay x amount of Shekalim every month for 10 months of the year - it is not excessive and I know that the insurance company that my agent deals with are spot on with any claims.

I can afford the premiums. What I could never afford is replacing all my things, and I am including a fortune's worth of disability equipment, without which I would not be capable of living alone.

Anyhow, I sleep better [when I sleep] knowing that whatever I own is insured at cost for new [is that how they word it?].
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2013, 07:41 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
The keys are going to his mums she is only a few doors away.
They have the house they are renting till Sunday. Shan't be here that long after completion just long enough to make its nice and clean and tidy.
Oh that's really useful! Nothing like having the place empty to make sure it's all spick and span. Takes the pressure off too.

I will be thinking about you at the time. Don't be too sad Lynn
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2013, 07:45 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Pat - do not forget that I live in a detached bungalow, and that my rent includes not just the bungalow itself but my yards. Therefore it is my responsibility to make sure that people can get down the steps and path to come to my home. Which of course they cannot as the steps and path are blocked by the carp dumped by the [better not make any more comments as I do not wish to shatter the swear filter!].

Anyhow, for the amount I pay for my insurance - which I have never claimed on and hope I never have to, I am satisfied. I pay x amount of Shekalim every month for 10 months of the year - it is not excessive and I know that the insurance company that my agent deals with are spot on with any claims.

I can afford the premiums. What I could never afford is replacing all my things, and I am including a fortune's worth of disability equipment, without which I would not be capable of living alone.

Anyhow, I sleep better [when I sleep] knowing that whatever I own is insured at cost for new [is that how they word it?].
Not sure of the wording but know what you mean. You don't just get what it was worth at the age it was when and if destroyed or stolen taking into account depreciation and wear and tear.

You get REPLACEMENT VALUE. What it costs to replace it with new or something of similar quality etc.

I will dig out a photo to show you the plight they've left the oldies in around here - will make you feel quite lucky by comparison (assuming you wouldn't welcome home made wooden ladder steps to surmount to get into your front door coz they've dug the earth away outside it!) I kid you not!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2013, 07:46 PM
I just have to share this with all of you ..... my little step grandson Harvey who had the kidney cancer went for his checkup today and he has now been CANCER FREE FOR ONE WHOLE YEAR!

Oh mate this is the BEST news ever!
Page 6 of 11 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »