View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2013, 07:08 AM
Might just be worth mentioning that English is not Malpeki's first language (although she does very well).

Sometimes nuance and the finer points of meaning can get lost in translation. Especially when you are not speaking 'face to face' with somebody but just reading words on a screen.
Darcy Boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2013, 08:33 AM
Loved your video.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2013, 01:14 PM
Thanks Darcy boy.

Yes I do accept that Tanguita but being called reckless and irresponsible for something that I wasn't even doing is not a language barrier it is an assumption and an accusation. She has apologised and just wanted to make sure no one else thought I was letting them wreck farmers crops.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2013, 04:12 PM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
Thanks Darcy boy.

Yes I do accept that Tanguita but being called reckless and irresponsible for something that I wasn't even doing is not a language barrier it is an assumption and an accusation. She has apologised and just wanted to make sure no one else thought I was letting them wreck farmers crops.
I didn't think you were! Missed the posts that seemed to have caused the upset. by the time I caught up Malka seemed to be accusing Malpeki of picking on you and then it looked to me a bit like picking on Malpeki!

And as for specific words used - well they are the English equivalent of German words and might just not have EXACTLY the same meaning or nuance. I should know I've made enough blunders in Greek!
Page 6 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6