View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2012, 04:09 PM
As long as I liked the breeder I wouldn't mind if the pup was not registered . As I do not wish to show or breed it doesn't really matter . My youngest whippet is not even pedigree but she is a whippet and that's all that matters to me . If however I was buying a breed with health testing requirements then these would have had to be done as is the case with my poodle .
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2012, 04:49 PM
Originally Posted by merryvale View Post
Only the breeder can register a puppy (or indeed the whole litter) All a new owner can do is transfer the registration into their own name. It is not expensive to register a litter so if a breeder were to say they don't register due to the cost alarm bells would be ringing for me. I would never buy an un registered pup.
This only applies to breeds other than Border Collies, if a puppy has both parents registered with the ISDS it can be registered with the KC by the new owner, the same applies to any dog registered with the ISDS, the owner can register the dog with the KC
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4