Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2009, 05:56 PM

breeder of unregistered dogs

Hi, a friend of mine, who is looking for a dog came across a breeder who has an affix, competes with her dogs(in various sports but not showing) and all the dogs have won and got various good placings. all the dogs are fully health tested with good results and so are the last three generations (i think) she has met the dogs, and they are good examples of the breed but obviously, from a showing point of view are not proven. They are not kennel club registered. the affix is registered with the kennel club and the breeder only breeds a litter when she wants one for herself and to further her 'working/competition' lines.
what does anyone think of this ? my friend is very impressed but unsure as they are not kc registered dogs.....
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2009, 06:20 PM
Is the affix registered with the KC? Has she seen proof of the wins and health test results?What are the reasons the breeder gives for not registering the pups?
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2009, 06:23 PM
yes she has seen proof of all test results and and competition results. I think they are not eligible for registration, as although the majority of the dogs in the pedigree are kc reg there are a few that arent(they are still health tested though) apparently the breeder breeds to improve these dogs for competiton so theyt are bred to suit that to a certain extent.
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2009, 06:26 PM
my friend met the dam of the litter, the grand-dam and a very very elderley grand grand dam and also a son of this litters sire from a previous litter and friend said they were all stunning, lovely dogs...
kcjack
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2009, 06:27 PM
Wouldnt matter to me cause being KC reg means diddly, my puppy farm girls are pedigree?????????????
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2009, 06:32 PM
Originally Posted by kcjack View Post
Wouldnt matter to me cause being KC reg means diddly, my puppy farm girls are pedigree?????????????
Oh, I'm not on my own then Thank goodness someone else sees that KC reg is not the be all and end all of dogs
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2009, 06:36 PM
well thats what i thought!...prepare to be shot down..........
Muddiwarx
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2009, 06:38 PM
I would be asking though WHY they are not registered .... if they are eligible then why not???

Lack of registration can mean you can not compete at some competitions...

Why would she have an affix - if dogs are not registered then why bother - or have I misunderstood somewhere .....

Everything else sounds good - just weird
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2009, 06:41 PM
Originally Posted by gsdmad View Post
Hi, a friend of mine, who is looking for a dog came across a breeder who has an affix, competes with her dogs(in various sports but not showing) and all the dogs have won and got various good placings. all the dogs are fully health tested with good results and so are the last three generations (i think) she has met the dogs, and they are good examples of the breed but obviously, from a showing point of view are not proven. They are not kennel club registered. the affix is registered with the kennel club and the breeder only breeds a litter when she wants one for herself and to further her 'working/competition' lines.
what does anyone think of this ? my friend is very impressed but unsure as they are not kc registered dogs.....

Sounds good to me!!!!
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2009, 06:47 PM
Originally Posted by Muddiwarx View Post
I would be asking though WHY they are not registered .... if they are eligible then why not???

Lack of registration can mean you can not compete at some competitions...

Why would she have an affix - if dogs are not registered then why bother - or have I misunderstood somewhere .....

Everything else sounds good - just weird

From what my friend tells me i think it is for when the dogs are later registered on the activity register im not quite sure how that works- only if they arent on the breed register they have to register on the kc activity register to be able to compete in the events
I would assume its so when registered on that they can have their affix- as i think the majority go to pet/competition homes.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >