Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
janie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2012, 12:03 PM
Originally Posted by Leanne_W View Post
when I get the Dogmatic out and spends the whole time trying to get it off with his paws.
Ditto... mine even does a roly poly when she`s got her head so far between her front legs.. rubbing it along the ground. Makes a mess of her nose too.

The best is when she shoves her head between my legs from behind... she`s the size of a German shepherd.. i`m 5ft.. she has me on tip toes
juliet42
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-07-2012, 02:33 PM
Well took delivery of the Dogmatic this morning. The fit was fine, a few adjustments to the neck part that was all.

Went for a test walk with Ellie up and down the road, she didn't try to get it off, and it didn't ride up into her eyes. Those were the best bits. As for stopping her pulling - not a chance! In fact, I think she pulled harder with it on!

So except for the fact it doesn't ride up into her eyes, no different to a Halti, but she pulled less with the Halti on.

So, I may go back to the Gencon now that her fur has grown back on her neck.

I was hoping for a better result than that with the Dogmatic, but at least I've tried it out. Maybe I will give it a week and see if there is any improvement.
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2012, 02:46 PM
A headcollar isn't really going to stop a dog pulling instantly, it just minimises the force of the dog pulling. It does rely on using the right kind of technique though. If you're struggling with her pulling despite a Halti and Dogmatic, maybe it's the method rather than the equipment that isn't agreeing with her/you?
juliet42
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-07-2012, 03:27 PM
Originally Posted by krlyr View Post
A headcollar isn't really going to stop a dog pulling instantly, it just minimises the force of the dog pulling. It does rely on using the right kind of technique though. If you're struggling with her pulling despite a Halti and Dogmatic, maybe it's the method rather than the equipment that isn't agreeing with her/you?

I agree with you. I think I might start the stop and bring her back to heel thing again with the Dogmatic, and see if any light bulbs suddenly switch on in her head!
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3