View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Strangechilde
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-06-2012, 02:11 PM
Can I just say THANK YOU for thinking about approachability?

You might want a tracking lead. They tend to be very long and double-ended, so you can give as much lead as you like.
Muskrat
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-06-2012, 02:35 PM
You can, and you're welcome

I'm going all out - he's going to have a nice green collar with leaves on it (he is called Moss, so he has green things) and a nice, friendly looking harness. I cannot stand staffie ignorance, so he's going to be a little ambassador!
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2012, 05:09 PM
I use an Ezydog double-ended lead - I think it's the Vario 6. Really comfortable and nice colours.

I also have a slightly longer, black leather double-ended lead which is great, I think it's a Ferplast lead.
Hanlou
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-06-2012, 05:44 PM
Originally Posted by MerlinsMum View Post
Well you can clip them round to MAKE a handle if you want! They have just the right length and clips in the right place to do that.
Yes I know - I did this yesterday - but it's not the same as having an actual handle. It's just what I'm used to!

Agree that the Halti is a great lead for the money. I'm sure it will come in very useful. xx

Ooohh I love the name Moss! It's great!

Bet you end up making it into something like 'Mossy Moo' though! Or is it just me that does that?!
Muskrat
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-06-2012, 06:29 PM
Not just you! I call his mum Molly-moo, because she currently resembles a dairy cow
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2012, 10:46 PM
I mentioned Mekuti leads before - wasn't able to link as I was on my phone.

Loads of you have said that the Halti leads are the softest and nicest, but having had a Mekuti lead myself, I can confirm they are just as nice to handle, made from very good soft webbing AND come in different colours.

I loved my Mekuti lead and used it every day for over 2 yrs until I absent mindedly put it down when doing a photo shoot of my dog and lost it.

They are not as cheap as Halti leads BUT they really are as soft and pleasant to use. None of that webbing that burns your hands at all, I adored mine.

http://www.mekuti.co.uk/leads.htm
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2012, 11:23 PM
I've used the Halti ones and the Mekuti ones, same as Merlinsmum I got mine with my Mekuti harness, until Rayne chewed through it in one of my absent minded moments

I now have a Halti one as they're cheaper, although I found the Mekuti more comfortable as it was wider.
Strangechilde
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-06-2012, 11:35 PM
Moss is a great name! I'm an Akita person, and I share your hatred of breed ignorance. Let's get these nice dogs out there to see!

I use a Halti with Taji, but it isn't to control him: he doesn't pull, but Taji is a rescue dog. I suspect that someone in his past has done something awful to him with a collar. He *hates* collars, but is perfectly happy with the halti. He'll happily shove his nose in when I hold it out for him.
DoKhyi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

07-06-2012, 11:55 AM
I've tried a couple of different ones, but the Halti lead is by far the best I've ever had. It's really soft on your hands. I have a juster lead and my god, it's like cheesewire on the outer edges and you could start a campfire with the friction it causes if the dog pulls it through your hands. And I generally don't like the style of it. The coloured cushion webbing ones look nice, but I have no experience of them so can't really compare to a Halti lead.
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2012, 12:23 PM
Halti do both a plain web one and a padded one.

I use the plain one and I swear by them. I use a web padded collar and harness depending on the dog and the situation.
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >