Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
deefin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2005, 08:16 PM

p@h own brand food

well its official in my house p@h own brand puupy food is not liked by my two . bothe walked away from it even though id mixed tuna in with it ,, tried twice and they were having none of it ,,
just put down welbeloved and they both dove at the bowl like they were starving ..

just as well the p@h stuff was free samples picked up yesterday im so glad i didnt buy it ..
still it gave the bin a feed!!!!!
whats your oppinion on p@h own brand
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-07-2005, 09:13 PM
Funny you mention their own brand of food because the last time i took Vegas-they had 3 small bowls full near the checkout for doggies to try.Vegas did smell them,but didnt rip my arm off to get to em'-which is kinda unusual for him... I tried Abe on a free sample they gave me ages ago and he wasnt too keen,but did eat it though.

Have noticed something about PAH though-their prices!

I went to the rescue centre i got Vegas from to get some doggie treats (he lurves the one they sell) and noticed how much cheaper they were to PAH.
Example:
Training clicker-PAH £5.49/Rescue centre £4.99 (and they had cheaper types in stock-unlike PAH who sell only the one.
Collars/leads were cheaper
And my sister bought a retractable lead which was £2 cheaper-same brand and type!

I would rather spend my money with this shelter so the profits go back into the charity-rather than lining a MD's pocket!
deefin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2005, 09:20 PM
i know their prices are somewhet outrageous but unfortunaltely we dont really have a decent pet shop nearby p@h is in the next town out local one only stocks essentials
although for many things they are cheaper than p@h too including welbeloved
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-07-2005, 09:28 PM
The re-homing shelter sells Burns-so am going to try Vegas on it as its the brand everyone recomends.

Abe point blankly refused to eat the free samples i ordered off the net,so am hoping Vegas will like it.They gave me some free samples of James Well Beloved,but am reluctant to feed Vegas this cause it gave Abe chronic dandruff and moulted like crazy!

I wont risk buying the PAH own brand due to Vegas not showing much intrest in the bowls next to checkout...
deefin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2005, 09:31 PM
topaz was on skinners when we got her but we have been unable to find any localy so welbeloved it was . shes coming on in leaps and bounds we have no outlets that sell burns locally either , welbeloved is the best brand we can get locally .
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2005, 10:27 PM
Don't know if you know that you can buy Skinners and Burns online...you can actually get most foods online and have them sent to you, most of the time p&p free if you order two 15kg sacks at a time. But as they are settled on JWB you will probably want to stick with it now.

derbyrottie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-07-2005, 11:07 PM
the thing is i guess you pay for the convienence of having everything under one roof, there is a pet shop close to me but is obviously limited to what it can stock and the re-homing centre is in town and i dont venture into town much these days. The one in derby is on a shopping complex thingy with a supermarket and stuff and its off a main road.
Bronson was brought up on PAH puppy complete and never had any probs on it, hes never been fed premium food and he's now on wagg that i can get from costco for 5.99 for 17kg which at the moment contain free toys. His coat is shiny, teeth are clean and all other things are as they should be! and he eats it and likes it! so thats what he gets! it just depends what suits you pooch
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-07-2005, 11:12 PM
Originally Posted by deefin
topaz was on skinners when we got her but we have been unable to find any localy so welbeloved it was . shes coming on in leaps and bounds we have no outlets that sell burns locally either , welbeloved is the best brand we can get locally .
Deefin, Burns will deliver to your home and most small independant pet shops will get it in for you as the main wholesalers supply it.
deefin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2005, 07:31 AM
Originally Posted by myschievous
Don't know if you know that you can buy Skinners and Burns online...you can actually get most foods online and have them sent to you, most of the time p&p free if you order two 15kg sacks at a time. But as they are settled on JWB you will probably want to stick with it now.

i know that its available online . but as the breeder gave us none to tide us over i didnt want to change her deit twice .all i got with topaz was her papers ( i also really dont want to buy large sacks for 2 pups . theres also a storage issue .
so i had to feed her something and as tysons on wellbeloved and as they are puppies i thought it best to put them on the same feeds they eat from each others bowls anyways ..
i though e her feed ws there any point in changing it back again .. she seems fine on it though and is putting on weight
deefin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2005, 07:34 AM
Originally Posted by Minihaha
Deefin, Burns will deliver to your home and most small independant pet shops will get it in for you as the main wholesalers supply it.
ohh ill lo0k in to that.. i did ask burns for some samples when i got tyson to try him on it 1st as hes so fussy but they didnt send any ,, ill try and get hold of a wee bity from somehwhere and try them on it . its an awfull waste if they dont like it
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >