View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-02-2017, 06:25 PM
Was really interested till I saw the price
Have kept girls as quiet as possible, but this morning they were having a play and I couldn't find it in my heart to stop them, they kept looking nervously towards the house, and it makes me want to cry that they are scared to be dogs anymore
Took Zen for a run round on the little park before we went to training, there were some teenage girls there and they were really gentle and nice with her and she stood really still whilst they stroked her.
Training went well, she is such a little star, picking stuff up that she's never done and remembering what she did last week for the first time, stopping between traffic cones, staying till I went through a gate and called her through, then sitting whilst I closed the gate, then through the tunnel.
Just horrible what I am having to come home to and live with every day now. Alun was there this week and told him what has happened and he can't believe it either. He knows it is desperate The Wall is built (who will get theirs first, myself or The Donald I wonder) and hoping he comes up with some sort of plan. I can pay for everything on credit card this month if necessary, I have no savings left after the car and the CCTV within days of each other, but if I use my credit card for everything then I should manage.
Hoping Dillon is alright Lynn, may be the constant damp weather thats upsetting him.
Sue, how I wish I had had a mum like you, you are there and doing stuff without hardly being asked.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-02-2017, 06:30 PM
Thanks for the link griff looks interesting. Like you and June will have to save the pennies, the cartrophen top up which we know works over 4 weeks will be over £100 insurance doesn't cover his joints. Car got to go in for the steering arm or whatever it is to be fixed and we think the abs sensor has gone.
Ringing Austen tomorrow hopefully he can fit it in for the 17th when Gorden can work from home.
June it is dreadful what you are having to put up with. You and the dogs.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-02-2017, 07:31 PM
Been two fracas between Mabs and Zen, one just after tea and one about half an hour later. So I am sure that will have been noted and exagerated.First one lasted seconds as I was in there kicking butt as it were, 2nd time I wasn't so quick,but got hold of Mabs and gave her a good shaking and she got the message. Wondering if the foxes are back actually.They were saying at training that its the vixen that does the calling, but can't see Mabs being at all pleasant to a rival come to see her, but that is what could be making her throw a strop over a banana skin for Gods sake.
Zen lay outside at the moment, its cold but dry and she's got that massive coat to keep her warm. I think a bit of distance between mother and daughter is called for. If it kicks off again then will bring Mabs in and hang her by her tail from the kichen ceiling, that should shut her up
Hoping the car isn't too expensive Lynn, if its not one thing its another, things always seem better when the sun's shining and its warm,so lets hope for an early spring
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-02-2017, 07:58 PM
Think we could all do with an early spring June. You especially.
Marks car is due its mot on the 18th so hoping not much wrong with that also as he will not have loads of money to put it right so we are expecting to foot the bill.
Thing is we thought it is easier to help him than us having or rather me being on the receiving end of running him backwards and forwards to Harlow weekends.
We will make the most of it as Gorden is seriously considering going part time at work from September if no full time jobs turn up. It will hit our pockets not so much disposable income.
We feel though we cannot go into a 5th year of living like this. It certainly hasn't done any favours to our relationship.
Hope the girls settle now June although they are not doing anymore than being dogs.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-02-2017, 09:07 PM
Lynn, I know when I cut myself down to 3 days a week it seemed a massive drop, but in reality you don't pay as much tax and also you aren't spending anything on travel the days you don't work. With Gorden he will also not pay as much for his accommodation and other things. It may work better for you and I'm sure you could both do with some sort of change in the current scenario.
Girls have been quiet since, and I managed to watch Call the Midwife in peace. Going to check on Zen in a bit, you might know it would kick off just tonight when we've had a decent run so far over the last couple of weeks. I am just so tense I'm totally over the top on the slightest thing. I'm going to carry on getting Kesh and Zen out together as they run each other ragged and Mabs can go with her mum and Cariad as she won't be even considering picking on them like she is on Zen and Kesh. They're picking it up off me, thats the saddest part of all this and I can't help myself
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2017, 11:25 PM
I'm recalling feeling for you TW, & the girls too
I agree Lynn, can't wait for spring either, think we all will feel better
Sounds like it could be just what you & Gordon need, a change in the usual routine. I'm actually glad Tony turned down the new job cos at the moment our work/home life balance is good.
I didn't get chance to get on here yesterday cos in morning before work I had to go with mil to the vets- thing is Billy is fine, & she is going a bit ott. He was sick again but there's no blood & they'd already told her he has a bit of a bug. I would have waited till morning before taking him back but still, not my say so. ( I did try) it cost her another £77 that's nearly £200 in a few days!! The young vet checked him over, said he'd got a slight raise in temp, but explained that could be cos of being a bit stressed. Gave her the options one being a anti-sickness jab, then next step blood tests ext but i honestly don't think he needed the jab, but what do I know.
I was shattered by the time I came home from work. Think it caught up with me cos I fell asleep for 2&12 hrs
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-02-2017, 11:42 PM
Oh dear Mandy, poor Billy. They always pick something or other up every few months don't they. Maybe she is scared of losing him and the slightest thing turns into something major to her. Mine seem to thrive on a sort of benign neglect, although I do watch for any major changes in weight or behaviour, apart from that they are fed regularly, walked, groomed and trained when needed. I think sometimes, as with kids, you can go overboard.
Checked on Zen a while back and we had a cuddle, then Mabs came out so she had a cuddle and a warning about future behaviour, then we had a joint cuddle and then both went to bed with no argument or curled lips. Have kept my eye on them and all quiet, popped my head out as well. Very misty and cold here and a frost on the cars.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2017, 12:33 AM
Don't talk to me about vets, animals and costs lol...kota is now up on their [a social network] page...if anyone fancies a look at a queasy looking dog and a pile of chocolate puke lol. Seriously, between operations, routine vet visits and fetching medication ii rarely go a week without a visit!! Good job we are all great mates lol...i have just realised I have known my vet 21years!!! Gosh, doesn't seem that long
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2017, 12:51 AM
I know she was worried, & I do understand, it's just that Billy was extremely lively & even wanted to take on a very large fluffy dog, def not ill lol
That is a long time Griff
Right I'm off to bed, finally feel tired
Goodnight all
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2