Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2017, 08:19 AM

Daily Thread, Friday 3rd February

Good morning all,

June sorry you had trouble with the girls last night, poor things must wonder what is up with you being so down on them all the time. Hope things are better today.

Lynn, will be quiet this weekend without Mark hope he gets the move done ok.

LG, hope you are progressing ok.

Have a good day everyone stay warm and dry and above all safe and well, God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-02-2017, 09:07 AM
Morning Moyra and all who follow.
Hope Steve is more comfortable today and that you are feeling better Moyra also.
June what a nightmare last night hope it all settled down quickly and you managed some sleep. Couldn't of been a fox screaming could it ? or does someone have peacocks although a bit late for them to be out. They make a dreadful noise. Dad many years ago thought a woman was being murdered when he heard his first one.
griff hope you are well today.
And Nippy Jen and LG and Mandy.

Off to vets later with Dillon. He has done a lovely hard pooh this morning so hoping that may of got things moving. Spoke to soon back to pulling fur out.
Looks like his dignity is going to be compromised then.
He was much much cleaner when I cleaned him up while he had his head in his food bowl.

Hope everyone is well and all four legged friends are to.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-02-2017, 09:51 AM
Lynn, it IS a fox. I couldn't fathom out how the sound was vaguely familiar but couldn't place it, then a lightbulb moment at 1.30 am, Mabs is at the fence because its coming to see her, she is such a tart she's not in season, too early for her, she's around Easter time, but she is acting like she is, because shes got a bluddy boyfriend serenading her. Peacocks aren't exactly the same but similar, I know what you mean. Not much I can do about a fox is there. That's why it sounded like the girls because its coming right by the fence and doing the balcony scene. The noise isn't them, but if you didn't know because you were a halfwit then you would react like numbnuts and take it out on the nearest dogs you could blame. That's why its almost exactly the same time if year as well, because he started his campaign on Feb 3 last year. Its bang on time for mating for foxes. Even I was begining to think it was the girls because it was so close.
Hoping you get Dillon sorted, be interesting to see if it is anal glands because you surely have that covered with what you've been doing
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2017, 10:03 AM
Good morning Moyra, Lynn, June and everyone who follows

Hope Steve is better today and then yu can read too Moyra.

Hope all goes well at the vets for Dillon and that Mark manages the move ok.

At least you now know its not your fault June. You have no control over foxes and someone needs to tell him there is a difference. I heard a scream the other night and realised it had to be a fox as there are only three dogs near here big enough to make that type of noise and you don't usually hear a peep from them.

Housework done, Teazle walked and now having a quiet coffee and trying to get son up as he has to get to his flat sometime this morning

Lovey and sunny today but how kong that will last I anyones guess. Unfortunately can't get into the garden as that is far too wet.

Have a good day and stay safe.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-02-2017, 11:08 AM
There you go June not the girls as you knew.
Some people have no idea about what else it could be and aren't prepared to find out before putting the boot in. Nothing you can do as you say about foxes nothing he can do either.
He needs to get a better hobby.
Morning Sue hows son's flat coming along.

Well weird Dillon has been very bouncy and barking for a walk and we walked over an hour Wednesday and yesterday it was only a few minutes although he was happy for games in the garden. Will see how his reaction is when I clean him again and brush him before going to the vet.
If he is still having problems he will be acting funny around his rear end keep trying to go down on his haunches.
He is now laying in the garden. Nice day here today dry, sun shining, just needed a jacket today and lots of snowdrops and aconites out.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-02-2017, 12:45 PM
I believe its like a monsoon Cornwall way, someone on their way from there picking up a puppy from my friend in Hertfordshire. Mild and dry here!!!
Tried to get hold of the PCSO Derek and can't. Will have to call in at the police station as this needs to be on record that the actual problem is a WILD animal not my domesticated ones!!!
Hit lucky on the shavings, rang the farm and explained who I was and she said come down tomorrow morning and pick some up, pref cash, so thats what I'll do, straight after breakfast. I thought she'd be still getting them for the livery side of it all. Those stables are to die for, when I was there yesterday I was in the big barn area, big spacious modern boxes with a tack room at the back, walked through to the back and there is the most wonderful menage ever. Despite the rain, absolutely no mud or slush.
Girls had a walk, took Kesh and Zen on their own, then Mabs with Cariad and Lona, seems to work well and if there's anyone going to make a racket it will be Kesh and Zen because they play fight and it sounds horrendous to someone who spends their life in a bedroom playing vid games I expect. So they have a good charge round on the field, kill each other umpteen times, argue over the balls and then we go home all worn out. Mabs and Lona play ball, Cariad has a bit of a try, but she's not very good on her legs, Lona isn't so clever either recently, I can trust Mabs not to go where she shouldn't, be interested in any other muppets with dogs and generally behave.
So....shower, lunch and then try and unearth the police or at least get someone to make a note for whomsoever is responsible for this
Fingers crossed for Dillon btm
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-02-2017, 01:10 PM
Managed to get some pictures today of the car Sue is P/T exchanging for an 8 mth old Honda civic tourer.

Kia ceed estate 2007 with 36,000 miles only on the clock and owned by Sue from new. Someone will be getting a real bargain.
So it will be goodbye Kia on Tuesday
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2017, 02:10 PM
just had to nip out...nearly forgot to get a card for my mums friends birthday...whoops!! she never forgets mine either, lucky i remembered Lol
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2017, 03:06 PM
Afternoon all,
TW you definitely need to tell the police if they will listen or even maybe a solicitor how all this is making you feel! That idiots needs sorting
Lynn hope Dillon is ok

Mil took Billy to the vets, they think it's an infection or a reaction to his booster he's got some medication & a syringe of stuff for his stomach ( he does not like that at all)
He's bit better today. They checked all his vital points & he's fine.
Am off out to meet a friend soon for a glass of cider or 2, shan't have much.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2017, 03:06 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
just had to nip out...nearly forgot to get a card for my mums friends birthday...whoops!! she never forgets mine either, lucky i remembered Lol
Good remembering
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >