View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2015, 02:58 PM
bloody hell TW, very very lucky no one got hurt, is your back o.k?
Lol@little lacey..she truly is a princess
Gordon, i looooooooooove bonfires...can i come and play too?
Lacey, my mums aunt is at home, she fell over a carpet gripper by the front door, she was trying to get her 94 year old husband off the stair lift, he has alzeimers and had pushed all the buttons, she is stitched up, they had to pull her bracelet out of her wounds with tweezers....ewwww
i am seeing the dr at 5pm today, the pain is getting worse, painkillers aren't working and i am now being sick.... only just made it into the house and through to the loo, would have been embarassing being sick on the bus. My mum is coming with me and i have to put my hospital bag out in case they admit me to hospital, the reason my mum is coming is the dr will tell me off for not going in before...i am hoping above hope for a kidney infection but my urines test strips are only showing blood and nothing else
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-03-2015, 03:02 PM
oh Griff, I'll be thinking of you, poor thing, really hope theres no hospital stay involved. Eugh your poor great aunt, I hope they'd given her something for the pain, how o earth is she going to cope and her OH has Alzeimers, it gets worse. I really hope she gets some help, somehow I bet she doesn't, because no one cares anymore, very very sadly
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2015, 03:12 PM
she has a carer come in to help but the pair of them are stubborn devils..... they have been together since she was 16, only time apart hospital stays
i don't want to go into hospital but i will if that is what will get me sorted out quickest... if it is a kidney infection they can whack the iv antibiotics through and it will fix me quicker
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-03-2015, 03:22 PM
How lovely is that, I'm still waiting for my Handsome Prince to arrive on his white horse, think the times gone now Well I hope it is not a hospital job, but at the same time I understand what you mean
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2015, 03:22 PM
See there's a case of an elderly lady left to care for her husband in his 90's and look what happens? How in heavens name is she supposed to be able to handle him? Makes my blood boil that The elderly deserve a bit of bleedin respect,poor lady,she could have died and her husband would have been there alone and most likely not fit to call for help even so sad
GRIFF,fingers crossed its nothing some abs can't sort.Be worried,but I'm sure the hospital has wifi and if you have to stay over,you can talk to us!! Good luck xx
TW,stupid,lazy owner that eh? Poor Mabs Lona seemed to hold her own though but its awful being put it that position,it shouldn't happen.Good for you for telling her off not that it'll make any difference with peeps like that.Feel sorry for the dog,it's not his fault,his owner is a kn*b
Going to iron for Ireland Feel free to add to my mountain
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-03-2015, 03:27 PM
I am sorry I kicked the dog, but when it comes down to it that is what I will ALWAYS do because mine were onlead, are NOT allowed to poo in the church grounds, and if they did I'd pick up, and I certainly would never let them loose where the kids can put their hands through the fence at the dogs. They do it, but I am there and in charge of the proceedings, can you imagine if it had bitten a childs hand. I know its not the dogs fault, its the owner, but I have no intention of letting anything happen to the girls due to silly owners
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2015, 03:38 PM
Oh June never be sorry for defending your dogs. Take Care.
Hope everyone is having a good day.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2015, 03:43 PM
Thanks, i will be o.k, dipped it again just now and still only blood showing so not sure what's up with me
Tess and Billy are very very independent, they won't leave their home and as i say they have a carer and their son pays a lady to come in and clean, check if they need anything doing...she started off as a cleaner but is a lady who is now a friend and will do anything...she also found them their last dog who has sadly just died, there is someone else who comes in and is supposed to cook dinner but tess has been waiting on her as that is tessies way.. i swear you can't tell them
lacey, i have a load of ironing for you to do
TW, you have to do what you have to do to protect you and your girls, as a staffy owner i am mortified that people allow their dogs to behave like that... i have spent the past 14 years showing people how great they are, shame really that you can't kick the owner!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-03-2015, 03:55 PM
I just feel bad about it thats all. Mabs is fantastic with other dogs, not got a bad bone in her, Lona is pretty protective of her, so I tend to let Mabs do her thing and keep Lona with me so there's no problems, however this time it wasn't a case of the dog running over to say hello, because Mabs would have run up to it herself, so there was obvious 'bad' body language because of the way my 2 reacted when it came towards us. It was trying to get Lona's throat, and as she is so tall it had to stand on its hind legs, so thats how I got it, and the same the 2nd time when it gave up and ran away, must have winded it probably. Lona was fine with the pug, and I did warn them she may be a bit grumpy because of what had just happened, but both of them really good and sat and let the lady take a piccie of them with no problem whatsoever. Welllllll...off to do some sawing, got no ironing for Eileen unfortunately, just sawing
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2015, 04:19 PM
Chuck over the ironing and a few hangers GRIFF
I kicked a dog once TW Lacey would have been torn apart had I not,felt bad afterwards of course but like you, had no choice at the time.
Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »